need help with strain choice, NY guerilla grow

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by Ak37, Nov 5, 2017.

1. Hey guys this is my first post ever. I'm having a really difficult time with choosing a strain for my first grow ever. I'm doing a guerilla grow in ny, along the 43rd parallel. Does anybody have a tried and true strain they have grown successfully in the north east? Looking for good yield, dosent have to be insane. I have my eye on Dutch passions Frisian Dew, and was thinking about either blueberry or northern lights. Let me know guys all help is appreciated

2. Hold on I will check and get back to you on that. Have a guy on afn at about on your parallel .

Sent from my SM-J710F using Tapatalk

3. You should go with some Sweet Tooth, as this plant is fairly strong, and considerably resilliant based on its genetics. This strain has a very sweet, fruity and flowerly smell and the taste itself when smoked resembles berries, mango and bubblegum. It's a relaxing indica-dominant. Autoflower should leave you with a potency of 16% THC, while the 'original' photoperiod should leave you with around 22%.

Now I don't live in the Northeast, but I believe your climate is fairly similar to that of Scandinavia (you guys have tougher blizzards though), and I have been able to grow these plants outdoor with limited resources without too many troubles.

4. Dutch Passion Think Fast (Think Different X Power Plant)

Bomb Seeds Atomic Bomb (?? X Bomb

Delicious Seeds Fruity Chronic Juice (White Widow X Chronic)

Sweet Seeds Green Poison those are what he grew this year

5. Hey island grower thanks
    For the help. Did he say what grew the best?

6. Thanks flavanoid I'm goin to check it out. How were your yields?

7. Did he say what went the best?

8. Thanks for the help man. How was the yields?

9. Fairly good, but it didn't grant me a shit ton of weed, but still enough for 50+ joints. Summer was cold and humid and with minimal ventilation, my plants either died or their yield drastically reduced due to fungal diseases. Those who turned out healthy didn't get as much sunlight as they should have, which logically makes for a smaller yield.

However, don't let my story scare you. Despite all the fungi, the plants were easy to keep and maintain, and god damn they are a joy to smoke. Btw, it is important to keep in mind that I grew autoflowers only, meaning choosing photoperiods could give an even bigger yield.

10. Well those were in his full sun garden so they have been tried and tested over the seasons.

11. I spent a couple of evenings researching the internet with this same question as i live on the same line of latitude and i am leaning towards trying northern lights blue. I can’t base this from experience but a lot of guys have claimed to have good luck with it.

12. Blue dream is always a good yielder.
    Ripped bubba is also a heavy yielder.

• Like Like x 1
  13. I'm in Indiana at 42° north. Special Queen #1 from RQS and Durban Poison from Dutch Passion are good and mold resistant finishing here about October 5-10. Blue Widow from Dinafem finishes October 15-20 yeilds great and is potent just watch for mold.

14. Special Queen #1
    Screenshot_2017-11-07-20-07-55.png
    Durban Poison
    Screenshot_2017-11-07-20-04-59.png
    Blue Widow
    Screenshot_2017-11-07-20-04-53.png

• Like Like x 2