Need help with sprouted seed

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by pseudooo, Oct 18, 2012.

1. #1 pseudooo, Oct 18, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 20, 2012
    Just finished my grow box, only thing i gotta do is add 1 more fan for intake.
    Using 2x 45w cfls, is that enought?
    And i was wondering if those pots are enought, ill upload pics.
    Box measurements are 52cm height, 21 wide, 44 lenght
    This is gonna be my 1st grow, 1x ww and 1x ak 47, will be lsting them (i know its kinda sort of space, but thats my best bet atm )
    pots are like 8 cm height / 18 wide

heres what it looks like;
    [​IMG]

2. I'd say no bigger than one of the standard 6in. diameter clay pots. Also: You planning on running soil or a hydro setup? Like the box! Cheers!

3. Also, if that light doesnt move, you'll need risers for the pots. Cheers!

4. any more opinions?
    and i have another question, are 2 fans really needed ? Or will it work with 1, i've ordered 2nd but im not sure if ill use it

5. 1 exhaust works fine, if temps are too high, add the intake fan and see where it takes you.

For 2 plants I'd throw another 50-100w in there

6. #6 pseudooo, Oct 19, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 19, 2012
    Temps are at 30 celsius with just 1 cfl... w/o any fans, for some reason 2 fans i had wont work anymore, lol. another basic question, which i know is somewhere here, do i put seedlings near lamps ? I mean i've germinated, now planted and keeping @ cfls
    edit; at 35 o.o turning off and getting fans tomorrow

7. You don't need the lights on until they break through the soil.

Try to keep the temps between 18.5-29.5C. (65-85F)

Keep the lights about 2 inches or as close as you can without burning them.

8. #8 pseudooo, Oct 20, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 20, 2012
    It sprouted, should i turn lights on now ? Also, i have to leave for ~5 days, will it die w/o watering for t hat long ? ill leave my timer on 18/6. I mixed soil with burned clay (it keeps humidity i heard). It sprouted but it looks so wrong;
    [​IMG]

will it die or will it grow ? Should i turn lights on now ? When seed germinated it looked like V with its seedling... or is there anything i can do now?

9. turn lights on kep the lights on when teh sprout didint even break the soul yet :) and the seed was washed from the ground on top off the soil with me not even recognizing it :S and it survived :) great :) but yeah you're will survive for sure :)
    just keep the soil moist :)

10. do i keep them under lights now ? Did some testing with my box, had to move fans to other place to exhaust exactly from lamps

11. Not watering for 5 days may kill it...

It's more important to water a bit more in the beginning of its life because it cannot retain as much water

12. i have my under lights :) just keep her there :) just make sure the soil is moist :) aka water it :) i have my lights switched on 18/6 and trought the day the soil becomes dry but at the center there is moisture but i water them almost everyday :) for the beggining :)

13. #13 pseudooo, Oct 21, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 21, 2012
    I'll have my mom water it when im gone, looks like that atm, running 18/6 under 1 cfl ~3 inches under light, 45w 3080lm, might consider adding 1 more 45w later, cant atm due to high temps (32 with 2x cfls, 26-27 with just 1)

[​IMG]
    had to re set-up lights to other side and have fan exhausting right from lamps

setup looks like that, might consider moving into my dresser later;

[​IMG]