Need help with soil!

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by AthleticMan, Apr 30, 2013.

1. I was looking around town today and at my local Canadian Tire they didn't have any 20-15-15 soil and on my growing guide that's what it says to use. But if I can't find it at all is there any alternatives I can use? I am growing Afghan Kush

2. Use organic from a local farm and garden center. I've been having pretty good results even after all the fuck ups I made lol. I use pro mix organic. Might need to add perlite though only comes with a little in it. But perlite it cheap.

3. Lol Canadian tire ain't the right place to be looking brother

4. I thought the same thing.

5. Thanks guys for all the help this community is very friendly :hello:

We don't have a local garden centre or nursury around where I live (very stupid) :( so i'll have to travel quite a bit

6. Where abouts do you live

7. You will be happier if You spend the time and money to get good soil from the start. With a good medium, this stuff grows itself with little attention.

8. [quote name='"spasty0"']You will be happier if You spend the time and money to get good soil from the start. With a good medium, this stuff grows itself with little attention.[/quote]

I made some premo soil, just finished cookin. Very excited to see what it can do

9. Better off mixing your own soil from scratch, most bagged soils are inadequate and need to be amended for best results. Check the organics forum for soil recipes :)

Sent from my SCH-I405

10. I live in the Ottawa region of Canada

11. How much do you think that will cost? The seeds are still germinating so I have some time

12. Honestly man, it's not cheap. But you'd be building a reusable, water-only, true living, 100% organic soil that will last you basically as long as you're going to grow.

Price depends on how/where you find some of the things.

Example: rock dust(very important) can either be 20$ for 5 lbs at a grow shop, or absolutely free from a granite cutting shop provided you sweep it and shovel it off the floor.

Edit: I spent close to 200$ putting soil together, but have material left over.

13. Wow 200 bucks that's alot for me. I want to go organic for sure but the problem is getting all the materials without my dad knowing :devious: I cant have a bunch of stuff lying around or else he will see it

14. Like I said, it's reusable, where as a bagged soil+ nutes isn't.

It's all about how you want to look at things.

Maybe if you have to hide it then it's not worth it bro

15. I'm with pun650 on that last one for sure. It usually ends badly. These girls can work up quite an aroma in late flower