Need Help With Soil Or Hydroponics

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by tony6r, Jun 28, 2014.

1. Hey im ready to start growing and I have my grow box set up, I need to know the cheapest way for me to do this...

My current sitaution is I have no soil or anything, and im wondering if I should go buy some from home depot or something and just start. If I can do this with 10-20$ can u guys link me to what I need please.

Or I have a nice size tub and a air rock and everything, the only thing I will need is nutes,something to measure my ph with, and rockwool + netcups.

Please let me know and provide links or list of what I need I appreciate it thanns

2. I don't know which would be cheapest but you could do etheir for under 20$ pending the size of your grow.

I'd recommend organic soil because its easiest for first time growing, just my 2 cents.  Read around and get an idea.

3. Read the grow problems threads and they're almost all hydro and chemical nutrient guys. Go organic soil. It's easier and it's healthier. It takes learning to master either method, but I believe organic soil is the way we are headed as a whole. Besides health, the biggest benefit I see to growing with soil is, you can easily transfer that knowledge to a big outdoor grow down the road. That's where the real yields are, and done right, anyone would swear it was indoor. You learn hydro now and buy that whole set up, just to decide you want to go outdoors later and you will have to start at square one.

I think my plants are pretty happy in organic soil. ;)
    image.jpg

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Okay thNk you guys, ill try to research up on organic soil... any other tips?

5. Would u guys recommend buying organic soil from home depot or online or do I have to make it

6. #6 MissBaracuta, Jun 30, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 30, 2014

I am growing with both soil and hydroponics and personally I recommend the soil.  So much easier to grow then the hydroponics.  But at same time I am still learning the hydroponics and hopefully will get it mastered in time for better smoke.  But if first grow I recommend soil for you to start with and learn the basics to not having as many problems with to start with,

View attachment 140596
    View attachment 140559

7. Indoor... hydro all the way, its foolproof. (almost LOL) I had great luck.

And yes hydro can be done organic.