Need help with soil mix

Discussion in 'Growing Organic Marijuana' started by smokefiend420, Mar 14, 2012.

1. sorry if i caused confusion (i left with my family for a few days), what i meant to ask was, could i transplant into a "semi"-finished mix (only "cooked" say 2 weeks) if i transplanted into the ground rather than into a larger pot (5 gal)?
    Its my birthday! =D

2. do you allow your soil to cook? how long? just curious... thanks

3. I have some soil now that has been cooking for two months then I have some I just started. I usually wont use it unless it has cooked for a month minimum. keepem green dirrtyd

4. A bump for the cereal guy.;)

Wet

5. Yeah looks like dirty D omitted the key ingredient.... 1 cup lucky charmz... just kidding

6. i looked up some ingredients in dirtys recipe to see how much the averages costs were and what they look like so i can pick them up or something similiar
    but i noticed some popped up on google only as liquid ferts I was wondering if they only come in the form or if good is just stupid

some were humic acid
    bio fish meal
    the iron - sulfur
    crab meal didn't even show up

7. Everything in my recipe is a dry amendment my friend. Also the company is listed for each product that I use. They all have a website also even though I can walk into a store and buy them all. keepem green dirrtyd

8. You seem to use quite a bit of fish products. Ever have problems with animals?

9. Actually no I dont or havent in my backyard. I do see raccoons in the neighborhood. I'm actually just substituting other products with the fish products. I could make this mix and take all the fish products out and substitute with various guanos and get same results.Keepem green dirrtyd

10. Planned on telling you the same thing :D

11. Some of you go to a LOT of work unnecessarily IMHO. If you want a bigger "yield" use a simpler soil mixture and buy a couple of more clones instead of fancy ingredient soils. ;) :smoke:

12. [quote name='"MotaMike"']Some of you go to a LOT of work unnecessarily IMHO. If you want a bigger "yield" use a simpler soil mixture and buy a couple of more clones instead of fancy ingredient soils. ;) :smoke:[/quote]

Idk man, I kind of love organics for that reason alone ; crazy ass diversity.

I am honing my mix a lot lately, and using earthworms to process most of my meals, but still, bring on the craziness.

Cheapest rock dust I have found, which I have recently read could be a founder in mineralizing the earth.
    I'm talking granite, cheap as hell under $2 a 5gal bucket, granite. Make sure they can grind it for you though, might cost an extra 5 spot.

I am applying it sparringly to the worms, and 1 cup / cf for my pots.
    This, plus 1/2 cup lime, 1 cup Gypsum and I'm rolling. About 50lbs of each altogether under $20.

And that's just my rocks meng ;)

13. Nothing wrong with that my friend. ;) I just think many people over think it all and rack their brains trying to come up with a soil that grows bud better than the next guy. I think that is total BS personally.
    The XJ13 cola in my avatar was my first grow last season and I used plain old Super Soil from Home Depot and didn't put in any perlite or anything.
    I fed it Spray-N-Grow for a while and then switched to Fox Farms Tiger Bloom and Big bloom and it did well considering my first time.

14. [quote name='"MotaMike"']

Nothing wrong with that my friend. ;) I just think many people over think it all and rack their brains trying to come up with a soil that grows bud better than the next guy. I think that is total BS personally.
    The XJ13 cola in my avatar was my first grow last season and I used plain old Super Soil from Home Depot and didn't put in any perlite or anything.
    I fed it Spray-N-Grow for a while and then switched to Fox Farms Tiger Bloom and Big bloom and it did well considering my first time.[/quote]

Outside right? Have you gotten your native soil tested? You could be sitting on a gold mind.

Plus idk anyone who adds perlite outside.

15. It was outside but it was in a 5 gallon black nursery pot so perlite would have been a good idea to help drainage and get air to the roots better.

16. Bump for Dirrtyd's recipe.

Wet