need help with smoking prob

Discussion in 'General' started by bradilicious, Oct 8, 2006.

1. Hey all. Whats doin?
    Im pretty new to smoking because everytime i smoke i get these panic attacks. And id say id never actually been "stoned" just a lil buzzed.

I was feelin pretty good yesterday mentally.
    so i decided to take 3 hits out of a pipe and give it ago. I dont know when im stoned/high i cant really tell.
    Ive got some sort of depersonalaztion disorder so i feel im high everyday all day. But for some reason i didnt feel it. I havent had a day without feeling dissconnected to the world. felt good But nothing fantastic. And i didnt get a panic attack yesterday. The night before i took a benzo. 5mg Valium. I heard it has a long life. Probly why i didnt panic? and i take prozac every night 20mg. But the whole weird thing was. my eyes were red and they stayed red for the rest of the day. no joke. i smoked at 10am. and at 9pm my mates are like your fucken ripped. I was really mellow for the whole day. And today i feel normal

Any ideas what i should do? how will i know when im stoned is it like been tipsy?. Can prozac affect me when i smoke? Because of my existing mental problems. one thing leads to another just dont want to end up schizophrenic but many say its the goverments bullshit. Generally how long does a high last because i cant tell. i felt out of it for the whole day. or maybe i was just thinking that. ? Maybe its not for me?

later.:hello:

2. I'd say just going on the info above that MJ probably isn't for you... I knew a girl who had existing mental health problems and it caused her some serious issues...

Weed is safe for 98% of people, hopefully you are part of that group, but if you are having panic attacks, depersonalisation efects and having strange episodes when u smoke, maybe it isnt for you

3. Dude I think you need to lay off the weed altogether. If you are having mental episodes and panick attacks when you blaze, I fail to see what benifit you will get out of marijuana. People smoke because they enjoy it, if you arent enjoying it then why do it right?

4. More than likely. Are the benzos prescribed for you? If they are not, please stop using them; you may be doing yourself way more harm than good.

Perhaps you were tired? The previous nights' meds would have meant you probably slept very deeply, and this may have caused the red eyes.

The effects of being soned differ from person to person and from strain to strain.

Nobody is 100%, but as far as I am aware, there is no adverse effect of mixing dope with SSRI medications; I use them myself, and I am fine.

The link to schizophrenia is certainly not bullshit, but I think you may be a little unclear about the known facts, which are few; the proven link is that cannabis use can trigger schizoid conditions in those that are already predisposed to them (i.e. if you have a family history of such illnesses). There is no hard evidence to suggest that cannabis actually causes schizoid illnesses. Some people believe there is a link between cannabis use and psychosis, but there is a lot of conjecture about this. Until more is known, only you can monitor how your mental state changes over time, and judge for yourself if dope is helping or hindering you.

A high typically lasts between 30mins and 2 hours, dependant again on the individual and the quality of the gear. Your last two points I cannot answer, other than to say, it isn't for everyone, and if you find yourself not enjoying the experience, or becoming iller then maybe stopping would be sensible.

For what it's worth, I think you'd be better off avoiding it, as these guys said; panic attacks are horrid, and anything that exacerbates them will have an impact on your overall mental health.

5. thanks for the input. But exactly how many do you know that have gone schizo to smoking?
    doctors say it could take 1 cone to be mentally fucked for life

6. I have worked in mental health (albeit for a relatively short time), and have seen a few cases that could probably be put down to cannabis use triggering the condition. It is fact now, it does happen. As for exactly how likely it is, that's really impossible to say at this stage... it's still very early days.

As for one joint bringing it on; I think this is very unlikely. The link at the moment seems to suggest that regular sustained heavy use is the catalyst, and I haven't heard anyting to suggest that just one joint could do it. Of course, it would depend on the individual, whatever else they may be taking that could also be causal in triggering an episode, environmental factors etc. I find it very unlikely that cannabis alone could trigger schizoid symptoms that readily, but of course, we don't really know yet. Any doctor that tells you it can, and intimates that this is a fact is highly irresponsible; there can be no place in medical science for blatant scaremongering.

7. I'd say if you are already taking meds for a mental problem then STAY AWAY from weed, it has been my opinion for years that Cannabis abuse is best left alone if it makes you feel like you are more than stoned ie. paranoid, overly disconnected from reality etc etc

I'm not saying I disagree as such with Le Grenouille but I think that even one joint for the wrong person could be too much

8. I had the exact same problem and my best friend/ smoking buddy actually quit cold turkey after about a year and a half of everyday blazing. But, if you can manage to smoke a little bit very slowly and keep your mind on the right track. I got over my panic attacks by simply thinking about how everything happening was coming on bc of weed, and that it shouldnt even be happening and I really focused on my breathing and how relaxed I could be. Just pray to a God if you have one and have your best friend next to you and think about how good life is and how awsome everything is

9. no offense but that sounds like a severe case of depression

10. I don't understand though, why would you continue to blaze if you have to spend your time focusing on not freaking out. If I was in that state I would just quit. If you are not getting any enjoyment out of a drug, why do it?

11. well bassically, ive had good times and bad times and i sure did love the good times! get what i mean! its much more better than drinking, no hangovers , you dont know what the fuck your doing half the time. And your feeling even better!

Im sorta looking for a feeling that makes you really relaxed, stupid and really chill, (but in a goodway).

12. if ur having panics attack than weed isnt for u. however, i used to be fine, and then one panic attack ruined my weed experience. is there any way of reparing it.

it is probably because whn i toke i get really nervous, afarid of getting caught etc. i will toke at a calm setting and then ill see what happens

13. i had a friend that that used to happen to but once he developed a good tollorance to weed and didnt get so baked all the time he was abble to control it

14. are you sure your not getting more anxious or panic attacks from the fear of getting caught....sometimes when im smoking in an environment where i dont feel 100 percent safe i get a little paranoid....but this may not be the case with you...it sounds like a much bigger problem