need help with size info

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by fordkid9, Dec 11, 2012.

1. Hey check out my last thread on "no flowering" if you havent yet and comment.

I was wondering what everyones opinion was on outdoor grows for size. By that I mean with a 9-5 job and growing out doors in soil(maybe buckets but probably soil) what a reasonable size guerilla grow would consist of. 10 plants? 20 plants? etc with minimal ferts or just cheap ones. So I guess what Im trying to ask is how many plants do you think a guerilla grower with a full time job could handle with ease and also what do large scale guerilla growers like to use when it comes to ferts/nutes to cut costs.

2. depending on your climate and the spot you choose, you may not need to check your plants more than once a month (or not at all if you dont give a fuck) - if you dont have to water that is. in such a case a reasonable size would be as fucking huge as possible, the limiting factors being mostly concealed grow spots and drying space.
    basically you only need to work when raising the plants and planting them, then youre gonna have a long break during summer (except if it gets really dry and you need to water) and then in fall youre gonna have a lot of work mostly with trimming and possibly also with transporting your weed to your drying location.

Im planning on doing some (preferably a lot) of this next year... :3

3. right on brother thanks for the reply Im from Canada, and from my experience with my small time growing I've found that I have to water almost every day any tips on medium to grow in(easy to get and cheap like gravel or sand etc) or if it makes a big difference with pails vs buckets so that I have to water less. Its going to be a guerilla grow so watering every 4-14 days would be nice. Also any strains that take less watering?

4. #4 baumeister, Dec 12, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 12, 2012
    plant right in the ground in a suitable spot, pots are only worth it if you want to keep your plants mobile. if you find the right spot and plant in the ground, you may not need to care for your plants at all. its a weed you know ;)

soil amendment requirements vary a lot, best would be to find rich dark soil that already has plants comparable to cannabis growing in it, such as nettles (which also help with keeping away people while not being a problem for you to get through when properly clothed, like thorny plants would be). such soil I would, if I wasnt too lazy, amend with perlite for aeration, possibly some coco - de-bricked on the spot - and a little organic fertilizer.
    check the organics section of this forum for better recipes.
    or you could completely pre-mix your soil, dig big holes at your spot and fill them with it, if you dont trust the local soil.

you can also adjust the amount of water your plant recives when it rains by the way you plant it - if you plant it on a little mound of soil, its going to be a little drier and if you plant it lower/put up a ridge around it its going to be a little wetter than the surrounding ground.

what youre looking for in a strain is not low water requirement, its first of all fast flowering because your growing season in canada is short I assume, also mold resistance (no very tight buds) and strong stems that dont break in the wind.
    no sativas because they take too long to flower, no indoor strains that have weak stems which collapse under the weight of their tight heavy buds. you need very hardy plants, rather than looking for the highest yielding ones. the shorter the flowering period, the less likely youre gonna be losing your harvest to mold.
    there are tons of strains available via online seedbanks, many of the ones classified as outdoor strains will not be suitable for you. look for the ones specifically marked to be grown outdoors in cold climates and extra mold-resistant and always look for grow reports because all the breeders and seedbanks talk shit.

for my own guerilla grow Im currently looking into some strains by mr nice (because all of the quite little stuff Ive read about this breeder came from appearently experienced growers and was extremely positive [also jorge cervantes calls the guy <shantibaba> the "best breeder in the world" in one of his videos]), specifically shit, devil, shark shock and possibly medicine man.
    I grew dutch passion's frisian dew with some friends outdoors in a pot here in northern germany this year and it is fucking great.
    might also try nirvana's AK48, seems to be a solid strain and nirvana seeds are pretty cheap.

Im also gonna be growing autos on the balcony and possibly guerilla for some early summer harvest, I believe dutch passion's auto mazar and paradise seeds' pandora are among the good ones, which are the minority with autos.

now be good and click that "add to baumeister's reputation" button up there on this great post :p

5. Thanks man that helped a ton!