Need help with sick babies, Pics included

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by Sticky b, Apr 13, 2011.

1. Hello all, I am 5 days post transplant and have some leaves that are worrying me, the worst of the yellowing was already on them when I got them from my buddy but the curling and the less severe color changes are new.
    grow info
    indoor, soil (roots organics "greenfields"), smart pots, lights: 4ft 8 bulb T5ho, Nutes: Roots Organics "Buddha grow, bloom, and trinity"
    A couple of things I've thought of
    1: looking at the website for the soil shows it as a high N medium. I did flush the soil once after filling pots and then let it drain well but maybe not enough, plus I gave about a quarter dose of the Buddha grow and trinity. too much?
    2: I forgot to dechlorinate the water before use
    3: I didn't have my big fan running for the first couple of days just the oscillating wall fan. Not enough air?
    4: I have my box outdoors and the temp/ RH are not completely controllable, with some wide fluctuations in Temp mostly (46-86 F)
    last few shots show Ph of 5.8, soil still wet, and room environment
    More info in my Signature
    Thanks

Attached Files:

2. Get your temps under control and get your PH Up. Should be between 6.3 and 6.5 in soil. Also keep a fan on them 24/7. The more air the better!

3. #3 Sticky b, Apr 14, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2016
    Fan stays on now. Temps are hard because box is outdoors and is drawing from outside. Any tips for raising Ph

4. #4 Sticky b, Apr 14, 2011
    Never mind did a search. Will go pick up a bottle of ph up tomorrow

5. Am I correct in that this looks like a Nitrogen deficiency due to low ph
    Besides the temp problem of course

6. Update. Left the probe in the soil for an hour and rechecked and Ph now at 6.2
    The meters instructions said to check after ten minutes but now I'm wondering

Attached Files:

7. #7 Dankafied, Apr 14, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 14, 2011
    get to a hydro store and buy a PH tester kit also purchase PH up/down or both... how often are you watering? are you giving em any nitrogen?

8. Update.
    After carefully looking around I realized I didn't put any kind of deflector on my intake so the air was hitting the pots when it came in and the two that were in the back closest to the air inlets were dry and that's why Ph wasn't reading properly. I pulled the trigger and fed with Buddha grow and Trinity( both have N) and this morning they seem to look a little better. Other than the soil flush and a small watering at transplant this is the first real feed/ water and this is morning of day 6 after transplant.
    Pics
    I pinched the tops off when I got them. Does the nee growth look normal. I noticed a purple on the new leaves but as they get older they changing to green
    Ph stable at 6.4 now
    Board placed in front of air inlets for a deflector
    Thanks to everyone for the quick replies
    I

Attached Files:

9. Ladies are lookin nice. Get some root boost. It's always good to have a strong root system.

10. #10 Sticky b, Apr 15, 2011
    Thanks. That's on my list but just put about 2k into my setup and the old lady is starting give the look whenever I mention buying more supplies