Need help with setup

Discussion in 'Grow Room Design/Setup' started by CaliMedFarmer, Oct 27, 2013.

1. I'm buying a 10'x5'x7' grow tent. I also have a closet in the same room that is 5'4"x3'2"x10'. I will be growing in soil. I would like to put 2 x 1000w HPS in the tent as my flower room and then use my closet as the mother, clone, and veg room. Is that enough room in the closet for all that? If it is large enough what lighting should I put in there? Also what about splitting the closet in half horizontally and have mothers and clones on bottom and clones on top, and if I choose the split closet route what lights should I use on the top and not the bottom. If you don't think the closet would be able to handle supplying that big of a flower tent, should I split the tent in half so I can have a 1000w Mh on the 5'x10' veg side and a 1000w HPS on the 5'x10' flower side.

I am planning on growing 20-25 plants from seed, keep a few of the best for mother plants, then veg the others and then flower them. Possibly scrog for those first plants grown from seed, but not sure yet. Then use my mothers to clip clones from, after they are ready for that, and use clones to do sog. Perpetual grow 24/0 in veg room and 12/12 in flower room and when next clones are ready to flower, harvest the last sog crop. Then about every 6 months or so grow another 20-25 plants from seed and do it all over again so I make sure I have good unstressed mother plants for healthy clones.

Any and all information is welcome and appreciated! If anything I think I have figured out, is wrong, please correct me. I know I will need ventilation and other things too but I'm pretty sure I have that stuff under control. One more thing, what strands do you recommend for the best yield?

2. Typically you'll want your veg room to be at least 1/2 the size of your flower room.   You're not quite there and you are also planning to use it as a clone/mother room as well.

It'll work, but I think you'll find that you need to veg in your flower room for a couple of weeks before switching to 12/12.

I'd recommend you find a different place for the mother and clones.

3. Thanks for the help! Anyone else with more info or different opinions? This will be my first grow but I have been reading info on the net for several days, more than 8 hours a day. So I have done my research, just want to make sure I know what I think I know. I think I might buy another tent for veg and use closet for mother and clones. How tall should my veg room be? 7ft like my other tent or will shorter be fine?