Need help with setting up a tent in garage

Discussion in 'Grow Room Design/Setup' started by Romka07, Aug 5, 2018.

1. Hey guys. So I have a 4x4 tent that I want to put in my garage. I live in Florida, and temps stay over 100°F almost all the time during daytime. Is there a way I can still accomplish grows in there? Would getting an Air conditioner solve the heat/humidity issue?

2. Heat yes , humidity no.

3. Ac
    Well AC will definitely lower the humidity level

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Yes its doable. I have same conditions and in summer i grow in my cave. Lol. Gotten used to sleeping in the day lol. U are going to use a lot of electricity.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

5. How big is the garage? You'll have to bring down the temp inside the garage to at least 80 degrees.

You're tent will run only as cool as the room its in. Be sure to vent directly outside and not into garage.

Currently 90 degrees here outside. my cave is usually at 75-80 when its like this. I run lights during the day and AC only in the afternoon to keep it from getting out of control in my area. 12 x 12 x 8 room with 4 x 4 shorty tent inside. vent out south side of building and passive air intake at the ground level on north side. Temp inside my tent hovers around 75-80 all day long. tent fan/vent is set to ramp up from idle speed when temp hits 75. I get 10-15 degree drop at night without having to do a thing.

As for humidity... it seems to be in the 50 - 60 range here. so far so good. For my 4 plants, a dehumidifier may not be in the cards as those things create more heat than they are worth for a small grow from my understanding. Don't take my word on that.

My grow is shut right down at night as I live in a very quiet neighbourhood and fans running at night can be heard from outside so...

• Like Like x 1
  6. Thank you for your answer. I have something to work with now. Does it get too cold in winter?

7. Its my first grow, heading into fall now. Temps are easier to control but humidity will be my challenge as it cools.

8. How hot/cold do your summer/winters get? And you'll have trouble with humidity because it will drop?

9. You are correct , don't know why I said that ,, I knew better.

• Like Like x 1
  10. here in the winter it drop down into the 30's, usually 40-60 degree range.
    Summer, usually 70-90.

Humidity here is high in the winter as we get nothing but rain here for months

11. Yes [​IMG][​IMG] dehumidifier ac be sure and watch whatever you’re draining in, get a wet dry vac , on 24hrs a day I vac it out every couple days

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    @ I love growing weed

• Like Like x 2
  12. I was just thinking, can I put the tent in the garage, then run an ac duct directly from the main house ac, and exhaust outside. Would that be possible with temps going up as high as 100F?

13. If you do that it won’t continually blow cool air unless you run your house ac at full round the clock$$$ this 5000 btu ac can run 24-7 $1.6 a day.
    Just build another box around vent and duct it too your tent, you could get a 10,000 btu unit since your in garage️good luck

@ I love growing weed

14. Crap.. You're right, ac would have to run 24/7.
    Thanks for the help. I can insulate the garage, and just run ac from main unit and cool garage off.

Dam I hate moving.

15. Or how much did that unit cost you?

16. Cheap $110, get a 10,000 for garage, just split the vent , duct one to tent maybe an 4” inline fan to push air into tent while cooling down garage, insulate, for sure, it takes awhile to dial in when you first setup

@ I love growing weed

17. Dude.. No freaking joke about the first setup. In the last house just moving from one room to another had different challenges.

• Like Like x 1