Need help with seedlings please!

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Cannabizoid, May 11, 2017.

1. #1 Cannabizoid, May 11, 2017
    Last edited: May 12, 2017
    OK so to start off I am just going to say this grow is because my buddy knew I had some good seeds that I was saving for when I get my tent but he wanted me to sprout some for him to grow outdoors this summer... so these seedlings will be put outside once they are ready...

This is not my first "grow" this is my first sprouting some seedlings for a buddy and vegging them until they can go outside. i guess you can call it a practise round for starting some plants

I put these seeds in bottled water. I looked it up, the brand is phed at 6.5 right out of the bottle and I bought promix organic seedling starter for the starting medium...

will try to edit some pics ive taken into this post, im a newb with forums..

May 7th Put 4 seeds in water at 11pm all cracked by the next morning.
    May 8th Put seeds into the paper towel and clamshelled plate method on a towel on my furnace with a heat/ humudity sensor that read a consistent 23c with 80 RH throught the duration being at the furnace
    May 9th 1 seedling jumped out of its shell left it to wait for the others to be ready
    May 10th Put germinated seeds with a minimum of a 1/4 inch taproot in the promix into a tote bin with ziplock bags on each pot as a humidity dome and a blanket on the whole tote bin with the lid on. temp 24 RH 80 (the one that jumped out of its shell was huge)
    May 11th All seeds have broken the surface of the soil. (the seedling that jumped out of its shell grew 1.5 inches from the soil during the day in 9 hours today and has its first set of 2 real leafs WOW! the 3 other seedlings are showing at least 1 real leaf just poking out and maybe half an inch tall from the soil)

I do need some advise please, i am about to put my light over the seedlings (sunbeam 2 ft 24w 6500 spectrum, only have 1 but i can put the seedling in a window with the light if i want to to have the sun and the t5 on them at the same time if thats a good idea?) should i keep the humidity up high at this stage? they are only half an inch to an inch and a half tall and i figure they still need time to root and they need humidity for that, correct? is it a good idea to put my light over them with a plastic sandwich baggie as a humidity dome on each seedling? it is a low wattage t5 and i know it has little to no heat, how close should i set the t5 to the seedlings? some say a few centimeters but i dont want to learn the hard way! how long will this generally take indoors to get the plants ready for outdoors, 3 weeks to a month?

just got baked so i might have left out something... thank you!

p.s the seeds are from peakseedsbc.com it is strain that is not listed on their website "Cinderella 99" it is a fast smaller growing sativa from what he said.

2. Do not put a plastic baggie over your plants - they need fresh air and excess moisture promotes fungus and mold. I use t-5's for the first two weeks of veg and keep it about 3" - 6" from the top of the plants. Peak seeds is a quality breeder - you'll be happy assuming you can make it to harvest. Good luck.

• Like Like x 1
  3. thanks for the reply! yea i heard peakseedsbc is really good and canadian too eh! lol
    i have been researching tons on growing and ive been planning on getting a tent for a while now im just waiting until after my wedding so it doesnt interfere with anything. i got some seeds just to have them from peak and my buddy asked me to grow some out for outdoor planting for him and i figured it would be good practice for me for when i do actually get my setup.. i feel confident that i will get these plants to where they need to be for outdoor planting and i know my buddy has good experience so i know he will take good care of them

so leave the bags off and get my light on them around 3"-6", i will try to keep the temperature as it has been and humidity around 60-70? for the next 10 days i will only water when it feels pretty dry with only bottled water 6.5 ph then after that i can start a light feed correct? and can i go the whole 3 weeks to a month without worrying about the transplant and just transplant them when i give them to my buddy? is there a height guideline as to when to transplant? sorry i know i should just google the transplant question but whatever

4. sorry, and how many plants per t5 would you say is good? i have 4 seedlings under 1 - 2 foot 24w 6500 or 6400

5. Really? Ive always kept my t5s/8/12 etc. An inch or two away max in most cases. I've had plants grow into the lights without any burning whatsoever.

6. I don't grow in soil so I don't feel qualified to give you grow advice like feeding and watering. I can't comment on your transplant question because I don't know the size containers or the plant size. I grow in coco and start in a 1 liter container and transplant at 2 weeks old.

7. I know they won't burn the plants but I feel safer at a 3"-6" distance - and that definitely is enough light - no stretch at all.

8. oh ok cool, yea i only started them in solo cups lol, i think they are a half liter (16oz) so ill probably have to transplant them long before 3-4 weeks, i guess ill just have to watch them..

9. General guideline for pot size:
    1 gallon for every foot tall the plant is. Some prefer to transplant when the growth is wider than the diameter of the pot (or solo cup in your case). When you transplant, I'd give them at least a week to recover before giving them to your friend, transplanting twice in a week would be hard on them, especially from indoor to outdoor.
    Honestly, if you transplant when its time to, you could go 3 weeks without even needing to give nutrients, sometimes even longer.

10. ok great, thank you! if need be he can always just keep them in the pots until they are ready to be transplanted again... i think he plans on putting them in big pots anyways so i may even just put them directly into those.. i have a large bay window i can use for light cause my 2 foot t5 wouldnt be big enough

11. Yeah I'd just ask him if he'd prefer you to transplant to final pot size when it's time. Good luck!