Need help with seed prob

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by 420shaffer, Aug 30, 2009.

1. Well i had these like year old NL seeds i got from bc bud depot,, just recently put em in some soil and put em in lights..

for pics of the lights n setp refer to my other post on here'' Indoor northern lights grow''

I DID NOT germinate the seeds like i shuld of im a dumbass I know..

got5 seeds in a start pots with 4 23watt/100w equiv,,, i just recently found out that I need higher wattage or more bulbs eventually bc its acctual watt not equiv,

But i was told itll be ok while theyr are seedlings,,

anyways its been 2 days on an 18/6 light sched and still no sproutings..

I was thinkin 1-2 days id see some sprouts..

wats every1 think?

2. First off, next time read first. Second, most people don't put their seeds into soil without germinating. Third, most people let them sprout before putting them under lights. They don't need light to find their way up despite what a lot of people think. Fourth, for 5 plants you need at least 300 actual watts of light. Fifth, good luck.

PS: sprouts can take up to 6 days in my personal experience, and being that you didn't germinate first I'd say 10. Also, I hope you pre-wetted the soil and let it drain before putting them in there, its much better than spraying down the soil after popping a fresh seed in.

3. lots of people i know NEVER germ. i didn't either

HUMIDTY!

Make sure your planted seeds have a bag or plastic over the top with a rubber band and a few small holes poked in the top... keep it moist, they won't do jack if they aren't warm and humid. i place them on top of my p/c while they germ. it's true they don't need light until they break soil. at that point take the plastic off. don't give them any nutes for about a month.

some seeds take a LONG time to sprout without germin' first. Most should pop in 1-2weeks from my exp. also depends on how far you planted them.

goodluck

4. Good information also, and yeah I meant most people I know, thats why I went on to say that I hope he watered the soil and let it drain, I just forgot to mention the bag part, but good advice too :) I germinate mine first to make sure it was a good seed so I'm not let down when nothing sprouts ;)