Need help with Question.

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by LithuanianGnome, Oct 2, 2012.

1. Well I went out last night to take a look at one of my ladies and I noticed sense the week before about %60 of the red hairs had started to dry out and recede back into the bud and the rest were still white, but on their way to red. I have a scope with X100 but it's not with me atm. I'll have it later today, but the real quesiton is. It's only the first week in October and I'm at the 41 parallel and fall is coming very early this year. I took a few cuttings from the bottom of my plant too take home and see how the trichromes were coming along. Due to the fact that I'm not growing on my own property this year I have to go out at night.

What I'm getting at is, should I really go by how the trichromes look from the bottom bud because I hear that they mature much faster than top buds. It's a bubbleberry plant and she stinks of fruity bubblegum. I read in a canabible a while ago that you want to harvest them when they're stinky because once they start to loose their stench it means they're past prime. I don't want to harvest to early and have shitty 30 minute weed while at the same time wait too long and end up with some alfalfa... Any help would be much appreciated. I'm new to growing outdoors. :smoke:

I'll see if I can't upload some pictures later.

2. Well, you certainly don't want to wait till the hairs are shedding out, because trichomes will break free and start to fall as well, esp. during high winds or heavy rainfall. Also, some strains finish with white pistils still present. They will turn after you cut. All in all it's up to you, and what you like. Personally, I like to see mostly amber trichomes, but the weather here rarely allows an outdoor grower to let the plant go that long.

3. I usually take a magni glass and check them. New hair production slows and 40 to 50 % red I pull them when outdoors. I usually finish last week of august to last week of september.

4. I pulled ome with cloudy trichs. This shit is potent! I left one out for a control type test, to see if it gets better. No green taste or anything. So, it must have been readdy.

5. Thanks for all the input guys! I'm just wondering, but shouldn't the weed taste green until properly cured? I do get what you mean though. Anymore input is still appreciated.

6. I don't know about should, but sometimes does. Depends on the weed I guess?

7. Yah it depends on the strain as to when they finish. Usually strains with ruderalis
    in the genetics finish early. Auto flowering strains are usually very predictable as to when they will start and finish. I like to experiment a bit myself. To each his own. Grow forth and prosper:)

8. Nice lookin colas :)

9. Well I was considering harvesting her Thursday or Friday. I was looking at the buds real close yesterday and most of them look amber or milky atm. They pretty much Glissen every time there's a light on them. My boss who is and OG (Ol' Grower or Old Grower) told me that she's most likely ready to come down but he would have to really look at it. It's a blueberry bubblegum strain cross and it's turned pretty purple with these cold nights. He also said that's and indicator that it's ready to go as well.

10. Yes they turn purple instead of the standard yellowing. Ah yes gotta love the purple strains. Easy to hide in autumn and they are potent as well. I have 4 left out that are actually turning the buds purple. I cant wait to sample the darlings.