Need help with PH

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by GreenThumbMan, Feb 24, 2017.

1. Hello all.
    I have searched this topic for my particular case and have found varying info so I wanted to post my situation.

I need to adjust the PH in my medium. I am using sunshine advanced mix #4. This is only my 2nd grow so I am still new.

The water going into my plant is 7.0. My runoff (if I tested correctly) is around 6.5. Being that my medium is a soiless mix I am told my PH should be around 5.8. When I test the ph with a probe style Meter I get a reading of 7.0 but it could be reading the water that I watered the plant with. Testing the run off with drops as mentioned before it came out around 6.5 (on the lighter side according to the color chart on the bottle)

Anyway if I need to get my medium down to 5.8 and it is currently at around 6.5 what should I balance the water going into to?

The reason I ask is because a few of my plants are struggling a bit. They are around 5 1/2 weeks old. From my diagnosis is the PH is off so they are not taking up all the nutes I give them. Here are a few pics of the plants in question. Any help is greatly appreciated.[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

2. marijuana ph is 5.5 - 6.5 target ph seems to me you're over stressing