Need help with perc

Discussion in 'Bongs, Dab Rigs, Bubblers, Water Pipes' started by dethklok11, Aug 1, 2011.

1. I know i'm probably dumb but tell me how this works, I have a RooR with a single tree perc. I usually fill the bottom up to my preference, then pour water in the top but it epushes water out of my stem and bowl and soaks my bud so i usually have to pull out the stem and the water will drain out of the stem, and the perc. I can fill the water in the perc to cover two holes but there is one hole and the top that also is above water so it makes the perc useless basically. Please help my stupidity, and ill try and provide pics if needed.

2. leave the bowl out, fill the top perc slightly above the top slit, and then pour your desired amount of water through the downstem to fill the bottom chamber, reinsert bowl, provide ignition source to your flowers, inhale, and enjoy.

the bolded part is the only concern i have, are you saying there is a hole at the top of the perc?

3. #4 Curious Toker, Aug 1, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 1, 2011
    damn, its really hard to see what's going on there. i've heard other blades on this forum talk about faulty percs with a hole on top of the perc. is your tree perc pink? cuz if it is, i hate to say this but you might have a china glass piece, and while it isn't exactly common, the percs sometimes come faulty that way.

if you fill the perc chamber with enough water to cover the highest slit on the perc (should be no more than halfway filled, and even that is excessive) but if you fill it up as such and pull through and the perc doesn't bubbler, i'd take it back to the shop. unless you've already used it. best of luck, man.

4. I have other pics coming, much clearer. Thanks for helping too btw. It probably isn't real then because it is pink. It's my bro's so im not too mad, but i check the id thread and everything seemed right and my friend who really knows em said its a real one, but american not german.
    imgur: the simple image sharer
    The hole looks like its meant to be there, Im pretty sure im just dumb.

5. I have other pics coming, much clearer. Thanks for helping too btw. It probably isn't real then because it is pink. It's my bro's so im not too mad, but i check the id thread and everything seemed right and my friend who really knows em said its a real one, but american not german.
    The hole looks like its meant to be there, Im pretty sure im just dumb.

6. Yeah that perc is useless...

shitty

7. Thought so.

8. Oh wow there really is a hole in the top of it... yeah that blows... and it's a Chinese-fake (but that's why it's malfunctional) all RooR's with a perc will also have a splash guard. Atleast you didn't pay/pay full RooR price for it.

9. I didn't pay any for it, my brother did, but yeah it's still really nice. So basically just use it as if there was no perc? Also could I seal that hole and it would work?

10. Looks like a tree broke off, so yeah, not much you can do with that. :(

Edit: Yeah, just use it without the perk,
    and if you can seal it that would work fine too. Dont know what you could use thats not toxic and wont get eaten away every time you clean the thing though.

11. I'd say using it like that is the way to go, you could try filling it just past the slits and see how it functions with the hole anyway, I would imagine it would create a large amount of drag however, never hurts to try. But plugging it would work if you could find a way to get something good and safe to use.

Edit: Confirming what mada said an arm clearly did fall off, oh China...

12. Does anyone know what I could seal it with? Im thinking about plugging it up with something.

13. I broke a branch off my tree perc zob and I used gum to plug the whole sure it would get nasty but it came right out with some alchol and I just replaced it with a new piece .....might work for u...happy toking!