Need Help With one week old babies.

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by Stichyleafer, Dec 22, 2011.

1. A "friend" of mine has six one week old babies in his attic. They're about four to six in. tall and have the third leaves maturing. Two of the plants have tipped over. One this morning and one last night. The one from last night already looks like it's straightening itself up. Anyway, I was thinking this may be a good thing because I'll have little room where I'm at... about four feet. What do you guys think... should I intervene. By the way, I noticed new growth on the one that fell last night as well. Thanks guys. Any input would be helpful. I was thinking of starting them on nutrients next week and them transplanting them a week after that. Merry Xmas. I'm gonna smoke a bowl with my lady and hope I can get some feedback.

2. if there tipping over on there own, they need a lager container in what ever medium ther in, or u need to find out what is knocking them over.
    as long as there main stem doesnt breack thek will bounce back, but the less they fall over the better

3. Dude if they are that tall and only have 3rd leaf set and are falling over...thats what you call "stretching"....heres what to do: take them out and transplant them into a bigger pot and bury the stem up to the first leaf set. Then keep them as close to your lights as you can without burning them up. The whole problem is they are too far from your lights and they are stretching out to get closer and causing a weak stem...keep a small fan circulating and blowing on them gently.. that will strengthen stems also.

4. stretching can be a result of lack of lighting (usualy is) but also high temps can cause it too

5. Thanks guys. I think you are right as well. I started with the light way to tall. I was gonna wait another couple of weeks until I transplanted them but if you think it will be cool I'll just do it this weekend if I can find the time. I'm using a soil mixture. Three parts organic soil, to one part sand, and one part perlite... give or take. I started with my lights way to high because last time I had a burning incident which now that I've read more on it I've come to find that this is a rare occasion with CFL's. I'm using four six hundred(65) watt CFL lights. I started with two way too far away but I cranked up another two last night to try to coax these babies back up straight. I also messed up by not setting the timer on my lights right when I hooked up the extras so a couple of them looked really depressed. There is some good news though... all of them have developed new growth since they've tipped so there are no water flow problems or stem damage. Most have ten leaves forming and the ones that don't have six strong leaves. They look pretty good considering I totally stretched them. UGGHHH! It will be fine. What do you guys think about nutrients? What should I use and when should I use it now that I'll have to transplant a bit early? Thanks alot guys. I would really like to make this work a bit so my old lady will stay on board with this covert operation.

6. I actually have time to transplant now I think if you guys think I need to.

7. I transplanted just now. I'm gonna smoke a bowl and do some gardening now that I've made this mess. I have some winter flowers I need to put in my outdoor garden. I had some family shit to do but I'll just tell them I wanted my garden nice for the Holy days. It will be cool. I'm just paranoid so any time I do something like this I want to actually have some legit garden work going on as well. I had a whole grow room discovered with ten feminized beauties discovered a couple years ago so I have to watch my back. It was just a nosy family member who is actually cool and never mentioned it again but I still cut all ties with that place being as I have a criminal record for slangin meth and just being an all around bad person in my teens and twenties. My karma dues are all paid up now but I still like to be very careful. My transplanted plants look very normal now. Thanks for the advice. I knew that is what happened but I had a plan in my mind of what I wanted to do and it just didn't work out. Lesson learned. I have now successfully burned and stretched young plants in my growing career so hopefully neither will happen again. I'm gonna hit up the hydro supply this weekend for some nutes. Hopefully all of my ladies will survive but I only want to havest two or three anyway so I'll just chalk it up to Darwinism if some don't. Thanks again guys. I'll get some pics up in the next couple days. Any more advice would be apreciated.

8. Cool. Make sure you water them really good after transplant, them leave them alone for awhile...they will most likely droop for awhile after you repot but they will bounce back.

9. Thank you so much. Any nutrient advice? I was gonna add some more dry organics to my soil but I threw what I had together and the PH was perfecto so I just rode with that and decided to use liquids only.

10. I just checked them and so far so good. They look much more lively and lush now. Thanks again. I'm open to suggestions if anyone has any.