Need help with nutrients and pots please

Discussion in 'Coco Coir' started by King Loki, Jan 21, 2019.

1. So I'm looking at 2 types of nutrient for my coco setup ... either the GH set (gro, micro and bloom) with some cal-mag or the canna coco A&B with some cal mag. I've seen some people say ill need more nutrients then that for the canna coco stuff and that just A&B with some cal-mag wont cut it ... they said ill also probably need Rhizotonic, Cannazym and PK 13/14 ... which would make the canna stuff very expensive ... is this true or can I just use the canna A&B with the cal-mag??

Also what type of pots should I use ... I have seen many people using fabric bags for their coco set up but I just can't find them anywhere in our town .. I mean I could buy them online ... but are these better than the normal pots you would buy like the plastic ones and why ?

Any help would be appreciated :)

2. Use air prune pots. Use whatever nutrients you comfortable with but I recommend black magic Part A & B with black magic bloom booster in flowering. They have black magic soil and PH to. Pretty much everything you need. We use it commercially with great results.

3. First, how are you going to run your coco and what kind? You are in a different country so I can try to help with materials but we may have to compromise. There’s two main trains of thought. Some treat it like soil with larger pots and feed only couple times a week. Some stay in small pots and feed more often as the pots fill with roots.

I run drain to waste which is the smaller pot, rootbound version. It I have a drip manifold that feeds in flower for me so there’s the time factor

Royal Gold Tupur is the medium I use. Ready to go, just fill pots and plant

Royal Gold Tupur 2 cu ft | 50% Off Discount Hydroponic Supplies

I’ve been using the cheapest powdered hydro nutes out there with great success. It’s a 3 part so we can add and remove the parts needed or not. I have recipes.

MASTERBLEND 4-18-38 Fertilizer MASTER COMBO KIT (12.5 Pounds) | eBay

If you go with the other bottles stuff it will get expensive but I have hade great crops with House and Gardens full line. Maxibloom is another powdered nutrient alternative with enough N to use start to finish.

Now that we’ve talked about the least important stuff. What about your lights? This is where you’re gonna want to spend buddy.

Im gonna link you to a couple of my journals. Here’s my main

Soil2Coco’s Indoor Multi Strain Journal

And here’s my Mars Hydro Auto Station. I have some hempy hoingnon over here which may interest you down the road

Mars Hydro Auto Station

4. #4 King Loki, Jan 21, 2019
    Last edited: Jan 21, 2019
    Soil2Coco your plants look nice :)

Thanks for the reply ... I'm in Australia atm ... so the space I have to grow with is an 80cm by 80cm x 160 cm grow tent I think that's like 2.5f by 2.5f x 5f in American or very close too so not a huge amount of room but in there I have a 450w LED grow light with the settings for veg and bloom and a carbon filter with a 6 inch fan attached to it

I want to run the 50/50 coco/perlite mix in a 20Litre pot (5 gallons or so US, do you think that's too big of a pot?) and hand water them with the nutes mixture very much like the AskEd guide on here.

I think I have wrapped my head around most of it ... I'm just a little unsure on the nutes and stuff .. I'm using some trash "bag seeds" at the moment till I know what I'm doing 100%, then I have some white widow and Cinderella 99 seeds to use when I more confident in what im doing.

• Like Like x 1
  5. I was going to run 4 plants but after setting up the tent and seeing how much room I have I might only be able to do 2 plants or the scogs method maybe on 1 plant.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Dead Head OG would the rocket pots or the fabric pots be better ???

7. Looks like you did some research and came up with a plan so don’t let me change your mind. I will always give my opinions from experience but in no way are they the only way to go.

That said, I haven’t read much into Ed’s guide, just snippets but I think he runs his coco similar to soil. Whatever you do get good quality bagged coco. I literally will not grow without Royal Gold Tupur

• Like Like x 2