Need help with new clones curling leaves

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by WallaWalla710, Dec 29, 2013.

1. #1 WallaWalla710, Dec 29, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 29, 2013
    Hey grass city!
    I'm new around here and relatively new to cannabis cultivation in general. This will be my second grow. I am a medical patient in Washington state and will be growing a few indicas for myself.

I acquired a few clones from a friend in Seattle and drove them the 5 hours to the east side of the state.

They were extremely healthy and have huge root systems for their size.

I transplanted them into a basic 1pt perlite 1pt cocoa 1pt organic fertilizer

The XXXOG was in rockwool and the SFV OG was rooted in rockwool and transplanted in soil when I received it.

Now about 3 days later a few of the leaves on the xxx are curling under and some on the SFV are doing the same. The SFV is also showing a few brown spotty leaves. Some are also slightly yellowing on the tips.

The stalks of the plants are still very sturdy and most of the leaves are very healthy but it is showing some signs of shock and would love to get another opinion or two on the subject!

My first grow was all blue dream (15 plants) and went pretty flawlessly. I figured this is a nutrient or feeding issue but as a newbie I honestly don't know so I'm here asking for help!!

Any help would be great
    image.jpg

Attached Files:

2. #2 WallaWalla710, Dec 29, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 29, 2013
    Here's a shot of the plants side by side.

The SFV is the taller plant on the right and the XXX is the more obvious indica on the left.

Thanks for your help in advance.

Attached Files:

3. What type of set up do you grow tent closet and what lighting are you using they should pull through for you there verry nice healthy plants

4. Right now I'm just using my closet with a simple 200w fluorescent bulb and a space heater to keep things above 70 in the room until my equipment arrives at my local shop on monday (tomorrow).

Then ill be running 2x1000w hortilux w/ hydro pro ballasts and magnum Xxl 6" hoods in a 4x8 tent.

Just want to make sure that my girls aren't hurting!!

Never seen my leaves curl under like that and they are still like that.

Should I maybe clip the tips of the curled leaves like a new clone to focus growth On the roots?

5. [quote name="WallaWalla710" post="19252370" timestamp="1388386991"]Right now I'm just using my closet with a simple 200w fluorescent bulb and a space heater to keep things above 70 in the room until my equipment arrives at my local shop on monday (tomorrow).Then ill be running 2x1000w hortilux w/ hydro pro ballasts and magnum Xxl 6" hoods in a 4x8 tent.Just want to make sure that my girls aren't hurting!!Never seen my leaves curl under like that and they are still like that. Should I maybe clip the tips of the curled leaves like a new clone to focus growth On the roots?[/quote]Well thats more than enought light you have coming you will only need to run one of the 1000 watts two is two much in that space for that few of plants How much have you watered recently have you let your soil dry out completely at least once vefore you watered.agian my plants look like that if I overwater them but dont clip anything untill its atleast 50% dead or yellow

6. Oh I know. That's why i got the dimmable ballasts.

Last grow I alternated lights every week at 250w during veg as to wear in both lights evenly.

Thanks for the tips man! Ill go ahead and let it dry out all the way before I water again.

Ill start nipping a few dead tips off once they are more than 50%

Cheers!

7. What exactly do you mean by 1 part organic fertilizer? That may be your problem. If you could be more specific, I can help.

8. It's just a simple soil mix my buddy who gave me the clones uses.

Even mix of perlite cocoa and a plant based fertilizer with kelp and stuff like that.

9. It just sounded like you mean you put equal parts of coco, perlite, and fertilizer (instead of humus). So if you put a gallon of coco, a gallon of perlite, and a gallon of amendments, you are going to burn the shit out of your plants. I know that's not what you meant, but I've been surprised before so i figured id ask haha

10. Haha yeah for sure it's all good.

Thinking of going to happy frog; got a good deal on it. Might as well give it a shot since I just had that little bit of extra my buddy has given me to transplant them into something bigger.

The leaves are looking healthier today but still curled under just as much.

Also the leaves on the xxx OG are pretty droopy at the bottom, but Im just guessing that's because it's a heavy indica and has super huge leaves for such a small plant!!

Thanks for the help so far!! if you have any other pointers I would love the advice.

11. Try to source some good worm castings and make either a tea (bubble with air pump for 48 hours with a couple tbsp of black strap molasses. Or, mix it up into a slurry with molasses and top dress your soil. Or give a kelp and/or alfalfa tea. Just soak 1/4 cup in a gallon for a couple days then water it in!

12. you need to use some cal mag in those pots ....coco robs the cal ....that should fix you right up

13. #13 TheAnswer121, Jan 1, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 1, 2014
    ph runoff?

14. For sure. Ill snag some cal mag at the local shop tomorrow.

I'm running a simple nutrient line from aurora right now with alot of kelp, molassss, bar guano and worm castings.

Seems to make the girls happy they look great since I fed them a very light nutrient solution yesturday.

Also have a question about nutrients.

Mixed up a gallon of water with about 1.5 ml (says to use 5ml but didn't want to shock them) of each of my nutrients and made it very light.

How long can I keep that mix around? Will it "go bad"? I have it in the fridge just in case!!