Need help with my workout routine

Discussion in 'Fitness, Health & Nutrition' started by hockeyman07, Jul 29, 2011.

1. So I followed SS for awhile, but then eventually strayed away with a few variations. I go to gym with a lot of equipment..

Monday
    Squat - I am up to 3 sets of 5 @ 285 lbs.
    Bench Press -
    Abs - I have been using declined bench and 25lb weight, any other reccomendations?
    Deadlift - 2 sets of 5
    Dips - 3 sets of 10

Wednesday
    Squat
    Bench Press
    Abs
    Shoulder Press
    Seated butterfly clasp (machine)

Friday
    same as monday (then switch up every week)

Any reccomendations of what I should add or subtract to my workout? I have noticed a much stronger chest but my arms and biceps still are not that big. I also have a strong diet,,, thanks :wave:

2. Most of your arms size comes from the triceps. You have a decent routine; if you want bigger arms I would add some 21's for bi's and tricep pushdowns for the tri's.

3. #3 philevans1992, Jul 30, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2016
    Take out the butterfly clasps, and put something like power cleans or pendlay rows, you arent really hitting your upper back much.

Maybe just go back to SS haha

4. Add in a upper back exercise, i would do pendlay or barbell rows.

Also if you want add in pullups/ chinups on the days where you aren't doing dips.

5. Stud doing squats and deadlifts in the same day!

Personally I like to break it down by muscle groups for one circuit then compound groups another and then do a free for all another time.

Example:

Monday:
    Squats
    Calf raises
    Hack squats
    Leg press
    Hamstring curls

Tuesday:
    Flat bench
    Incline bench
    decline bench
    Flat/incline/decline flies