need help with my speaker grow(firstimer)

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by damien1993, Sep 13, 2013.

1. hey there i have a speaker here its 29inches tall 8 and a half inches deep and 14 inches wide..
    also i have 4 cfls 2 are 13 watts daylights and 2 are soft white 23 watts i wajnted to know if i could turn that speaker into a grow box (stealth) .. one other question is is it possible to put my plants straight into flower from seedling? i have grown before with the 4 cfls it worked perfectlyy in a dresser grow but i want with a speaker i have 2 purple kush seedlings started

pleasseee help meee im on a tight budget and i am moving at the end of this month need to find a way tpo  make the speaker work

2. Yes it could work. Just make sure to have intake st bottom and exhaust at top. Use a small pc fan up top to exhale

3. thanks i will i have the lights in it temporarlly setup . im thinking on putting a pc fan on the hole at the bottom of the box where the air comesout for the sub and in bak on top i have a hole there and imma put a second fans as exaust :)

4. The speaker will only be enough room for one plant and try to mount the lights horizontal to make more room. Paint the inside a flat or satin white if u can.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

5. what if i put both in one pot? and i tried witht he lights but there in a angle cuz im using y spliters  if i put them horizontal there touching the wood

6. #6 BigA4eva, Sep 13, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 13, 2013
    If u put the two plants together they'll be root bound and get deficiencies. If the plant gets too tall then you'll need to mount the lights horizontal but they will be ok like that till thenAnd its ok for the cfls to touch the wood they won't burn itSent from my SPH-L710 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

7. what if they do get rutebound will it kill the plants orwhat kind of defiencies?

8. they will strangle each other competing for space and nutrients. Honestely, grow them in seperate pots. Also, cfls WILL burn the blades if they are left touching them.

Sent from my ZTE-Z990G using Grasscity Forum mobile app

9. No the rootbound won't kill the plants but it can cause alot of issue that can kill the plant. Also if u get one male and one female youll have to chop the male and the roots will rot and cause problems for the female.

Put some pictures up of the box and equipment I'd like to see how it goes because I have some chem dog and o.g seeds that I'm thinking of starting in a box thats a little bigger then yours.

I need to build a carbon filter for it.
    Sent from my SPH-L710 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

10. i dont mind im hopping for a m,ale and nfemale im trtynna get seeds out of it and ill post some pics tomorrow but is it possible to grow 2 in one pot with the fan at the bottow of the box i can only fit one pot it a big enuff pot a1 gallon pot for 2 small plant?

11. i got mylar i put that stuff in it and man i see a difference in the light and its a 8 inch pot and its 6 or 7 inches tall my other plants was like 2 and a half to 3 feet tall and the routes in the dirt didnt even form a ball just at the bottom of the pot so what if i put both male and female together worsth that can happen is more seed in the buds to grow more plants :)