Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

need help with my parents...

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by bongt0ker, Jan 4, 2012.

1. my mom is saying bullshit that cannabis smokers are 3 times more likely to get cancer, is this true. she is refusing to watch the union because she is a nurse and she said shes seen documentaries about it already what makes this one so different. we are going to see our family councilor and he said he somewhat approves cannabis for my insomnia problem. what should I do? :confused:

2. Let everything blow over and just not let her find out. Use a sploof if you smoke in your room, it's the best invention ever.

3. Sorta scary that your mom says that and she's a nurse.

4. Don't smoke in her house, that would only make the situation worse if she's that against it

5. look at granny's shit, then show that to your mom

6. I cant believe you were stupid enough to suggest the union

/facepalm hard

7. :eek: that has me scared, not to mention teh ignorance

8. #8 thefour20man, Jan 4, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 4, 2012
    So many people ask the stupidest questions.. i mean no offence mate but its pretty self explanatory to go outside and smoke if your parents dont approve.

EDIT: on a side a note, if your trying to convince your parents that marijuana is okay then i wish you luck because it's their household, and they will do what ever the fuck they want in it :/.

9. Fuck the union, have you watched it when you weren't stoned? It's just pro cannabis facts, it doesn't mention any problems which may arise from cannabis.

Also it's long as fuck.

10. How does this have anything to do with nursing?

11. I loled when you suggested to show her a propaganda film. Biased much?

Check out storm crow's page of links. If your mom is too ignorant and blind to review them and hides behind the veil of "i've seen plenty of documentaries about it" then move the fuck out. Sorry you're dealing with such obstinate people if that is the case.

12. I said my mom is a nurse.

13. And how does her views on cannabis relate to nursing o.o why should that scare someone?

14. thank you for understanding but I can't move out quite yet ( low on cash )

15. I know you did.

16. this

Reefer Madnesss is not a documentory. I would be curious to see the ones she was reefering too :smoke:

17. I do smoke outside? I come home and they always question me why eyes are red and why I stink

18. But how does her views on cannabis relate to nursing and why should that scare someone?

Ah I see. Well, don't smoke in your house first off. Respect your parent's wishes and smoke elsewhere if need be. As for educating your parents, I highly suggest stormcrow's page. It's not some propaganda film, it's objective facts/reasonable expectations based on data. If she asks what makes the sources you're providing her different from the other things she bases her views on, feel free to tell her just that.

19. who or what is this stormcrow?