Need help with my outdoor plants.

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by Neenee, Aug 16, 2016.

Tags:
  1. I need some help with my outdoor plants. 2 of them have starting flowering. They have been flowering for about 7 to 10 days. I will have better pictures of the flower sites here soon. My questions were. Do they look okay for being in the 2nd week of flowering? I have them in ocean fresh soil. I haven't used any nutes or trimmed or taken foliage off since they started growing. They have been in Ocean fresh soil for about 1 week.

Attached Files:

2. #2 skanzy, Aug 16, 2016
    Last edited: Aug 16, 2016
    All the leaves should be flat or reaching for the sun, you have some dropped leaves. The first picture shows a red/purple stem and the middle plant in the next picture also has red/purple stems. Could be a nutrient deficiency or over watering. It is hard to tell from the pictures.... Purple stems, dark green leaves, saw tooth on the edge of the leaves, cupping or canoeing leaves = magnesium deficiency ... Purple stems and dropping leaves is over watering.... When I zoom in on the picture I also see some tips of the leaves pulling to one side, draw string = Calcium deficiency, related to magnesium. If your plants start flowering while you have problems then it will affect your yield a lot, even if you manage to correct it.... Magnesium is a common problem in an other wise healthy garden. Magnesium is the central molecule in the chlorophyll ion and your plant is always producing chlorophyll so you always need magnesium. You could buy a cal mag product to fix the problem and next grow add some dolomite lime to the soil... Good luck and thanks for sharing, I hope I helped and not confused you further.
    SKANZY

• Like Like x 2
  3. Thank for the input. I will try and get some calcium for it soon. Know of any good brands for the budget?

Sent from my SM-N900T using Grasscity Forum mobile app

4. I know that some of the purple stems have to do with the plant being in a smaller pot then it is in now. I transfered them about a week ago.

5. Botanicare CAL-MAG Plus, 1-Gal $40 free shipping on amazon

6. I can't see the video through my phone. Does the flowering look normal for the time it's been flowering?

7. The photo period is more gradual outdoors than indoors. Flowering takes longer outdoors but the over all time depends on the strain, Indicas with flower faster than sativa. Indoors the photo period can be changed from 18 hours of light to 12 hours of light just by changing the settings on your timer but out doors it takes a while for the days to get shorter so flowering is slower. Take note of when your plants start to flower so next year you can have your plant transplanted before it starts flowering.

8. Oh I see okay I will do that next year. I'm hoping they get done by mid October.

9. They will stretch a lot in flower, maybe double or triple their size. It may be a good idea use a stake or net to support the plant so it doesn't fall over. Tomato cage would work too. The plant will be able to focus its energy on producing buds and not making cellulose to thicken the stem to support itself.