Need help with my next strain

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by OffChops69, Jul 5, 2019.

1. Hey guys just about to flip the lights on my first ever grow, and I'm already looking to the next step.

I'm looking for my next strain, and I'm really interested in something that would give a very energetic high as opposed to being superglued to the couch for hours which I think we can all agree isn't fun.

I have seen that timing the harvest can affect the potency of the bud, but how much does this come into play vs genetics?

Message sent via Smoke Signal

2. How many watts ya runnin and how big is ur grow space?

3. Currently 280 actual LED in a 3x3x6

Message sent via Smoke Signal

4. sour diesel and durban poison :D

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. Like Progrouk said, Sour Diesel is a really nice daytime smoke. But even many of those hard-hitting / couch-locking indica's can be turned into some nice daytime smoke by just harvesting them a little early. But for me personally, I keep a few older strains that I got from gifted cuts years ago, 74 Columbian Gold, 72 Lambs Breath, 92 Kali Mist for my daytime smoke. I like all of those a lot because they haven't ever been crossed or inbred making them taste so uniquely different than most all of the modern strains of today that taste so similar because they have been way-overly crossed and inbred.

• Like Like x 2
  6. i am not going to suggest a strand . but i will suggest something your looking for . just order a sativa it will be a up and running tone your looking for . if somebody suggests a name of a strand it could be different from what your looking for still, read this learn . unless somebody gives you the s eed breeder and all that info then its not a lot of help .
    Indica vs. Sativa: What’s the Difference Between Cannabis Types?

• Like Like x 1
  7. #7 Talkative, Jul 5, 2019
    Last edited: Jul 5, 2019
    I'm finding genetics to be a much bigger player in the high than I thought. Growing,harvesting,curing technique affects quality but not stone. I have one strain that I did all my pruning experiments on and it has been grown every way from an A+ to a D- and the quality varies but the stone is always recognizable when smoked blindfolded. I was smoking a mephisto with a friend trying to describe the high and we looked it up and what I said about it almost matched exactly the stone mephisto described. Many of the strains I like match the description when it comes to the stone. So there really is something to it, and a good grower can't make a stone I don't like better.
    As far as couch lock, the myths are somewhat true in that what was called indica gives you that couch lock factory workers are looking for after a painful day at work. And what they called sativa gets that lucky guy without a real job high. The sativa/indica is not really reliable and wasn't really scientifically accurate, but the old strains with the fat leaves lock you and the old strains with the narrow leaves send you. I think if you want to get high without dosing off waking up hungry but too stoned to do anything about it, check out anything mixed with Jack Herer. Or better yet, just do the search on attitude or herbies or GYO or some vender with a good search function and start looking for a stone described you like. If you like a breeder like Dutch Passion or Mephisto, look through all the descriptions of the stones. They really are kind of true.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. Mephistos cookie strains have a nice day time high as long as you don't smoke too much......

• Like Like x 1
  9. Mephistos descriptions are dead on in my experience.

• Like Like x 1