Need help with my indoor grow

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by Scalyfishman, Apr 15, 2017.

1. Hey all,

So I recently made a hydro out of a cardboard box and reflective insulation. I am using a 72W bulb and I have two seedlings in one pot. I was a bit worried if my plants would 'fry' from the heat of the light? I am really parinoid and worried as this is my first grow and I hope it will grow.

Hope someone can get back.

Kind regards,
    ~ Scalyfishman

2. Put hand above top of sprout, wait 15 seconds. If it's too hot on your hand it's too hot for your plant.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. Yeah my hand didn't get got so I guess that's good. Do you think the light is at good height?

[​IMG]

4. The first thing you need to do is VERY CAREFULLY scoop under one of those plants with a spoon or something and try to remove it from the pot and put it in it's own. Did you not have another one when you planted the seeds or were you just trying to save space? LOL Putting 2 plants in one (small) pot isn't gonna cut it and it's easier to remove one of them now before it's root system gets too involved, so you stress it less. Your sprouts look off in their color. However, I suspect the soil you've got them planted in has burned them...which is normal for box store soils. As far as your soil goes, you need some help with what you're using to grow your plants in. The soil we grow with needs to be VERY VERY VERY light and arid. As a matter of fact, it should be so light and arid that when you water...unless you water very slowly, the water just falls right through and out into the drain tray. Otherwise, the soil acts as a sponge and holds onto the water keeping the roots sitting in moisture all the time....not good. One of the main keys to keeping these plants happy is letting them dry out between watering episodes to almost DEAD DRY. If you can lift the container a plant is growing in and feel NO WEIGHT, only then is it time to give more water. Next time, start your seeds in Solo cups. The less soil they have to root into, the less time that portion of the game takes and they get back to growing foliage. The more soil they're forced to root into, the longer the process takes and the longer it will be before your plant actually does much growing above soil level. While rooting, a plant uses little to no water and needs more heat than light and NEEDS NO ADDITIONAL NUTES.

As far as nutes and feeding a plant, UNTIL your plant has had the opportunity to use up the nutes that come in the soil fresh, IT HAS NO NEED FOR MORE. Nutes are not the magic that grows a plant in a soil grow. LIGHT is the key to getting a large plant and heavy harvest. Each plant you attempt to flower needs the same high wattage light in the proper spectrum and you always need the light and plant as close together as possible during flower to get the most out of it. You should never be forced to raise the height on your light source to cover more plants. If this is the case, you do not have enough flower lighting to flower the plants you're trying to do and need to add more light. The way you know how many plants you can flower is by the lighting you have at your disposal. Most look at space available to grow instead and end up flowering too many plants with too little light which gets you long lanky plants with under developed buds. They spend their whole flower cycle stretching for light instead of filling out buds. We don't use any additional nutes over and above what comes in the soil we grow in (Roots Organics Original). We use soil, tap water and light and nothing more. The key to weight at harvest is adequate flower lighting for EVERY plant you flower along with giving each plenty of space during the flower cycle for the best light penetration possible. Crowding a bunch together just shades out valuable light and leaves you with under developed buds down inside the plant.

Find a reliable source and read up on the "how to's" of keeping a plant alive and thriving. It's not rocket science, but until you get those basic skills in place, you'll just flounder around and stress your plant out for no good cause. But good luck. TWW

• Like Like x 1
  5. What is your medium? I would be hesitant to give watering and nute advice without knowing what you are growing in.

• Like Like x 1
  6. That's not a hydro grow

• Like Like x 2