need help with my grow setup

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by benzeno, Jul 11, 2012.

1. #1 benzeno, Jul 11, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 11, 2012
    Hey everyone howz the grow???? Well I just have a question hopefully I could get some help. Well I brought a cabinet from home depot the size is 20 inches x 48 inches x 6 feet tall and I have 5 plants flower in it right now but in only using 2 68 Watt cfl = to 300 Watts 2700k lumens is 4200 each. Is that enough light or lumens for my grow? Should I add more light or what's a recommended amount of lights should I use? How much lumens per square feet? And info would be appreciated thanks.

2. #2 RooRgle, Jul 11, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 11, 2012
    The recommended light is 3-4000 'lumens' per plant. Some people get by with 1500 lumens, but I like my plants to have as much light, it's not how many you grow (unless you do SOG) it's how much light each plant gets, my current grow I have 2 plants in a 24 foot high cabinet, I'll probably get an ounce + of one and .5 ounce off the other (some complications with heat stress), but each one of my plants got 9,000 lumens. My next grow I'll have a 250w hops and 3 plants in 5 gallon pots. Basically, the more light, the better the yield (in most cases obviously depending on how well you grow).

Good luck!

3. Thanks for the info.... BTW what kind of like u using now and how many.?

4. Two 68 wall cfl's will get you absolutely nowhere - fast. Especially with 5 plants? I run 6 plants in 15 gallon pots under 2,000 watts of HPS and I still have shaded spots.

I guess it's all what you're looking to get out of it...

5. 150 w hps two females in 2 gallon smart pots

6. Will It be OK if I was to add 4 to 6 more 68 Watt bulbs in my cabinet. I just want to try n get the best out of it since it being my first time growing. Ill try n post some pics

7. Are they 68 watts or 68 watt equivilant

8. 68 Watts equivalent to 300 Watts

9. Yea i would recommend spending some money on a 400w hps if you dont want to be disappointed at the end and some good nutrients. Otherwise i promise it will be a dissappiointment. If your looking at the pictures on the website you buy seeds from and want to see that harvest day get a good hps lamp

10. If your set on CFL, I'd say invest in some T5's, they can be cheap like the HTG ballasts. Lumen per watt they are better; which means more light less heat. I'm doing a CFL grow now more of a dutch style small plants straight to flower, this hopefully will help the buds the plant does have get enough light while managing the plants overall size (so far 2 weeks into flowering 12").

11. I veg with fluorescents now but flower with HPS.
    Take a look at my Journal.

12. OK thanks for the input but my cabinet is not t hat big will it be OK to run a 100w hps in it or just use the t5

13. I would veg with t5's and then flower with a minimum of 150 watt HPS for one plant. Don't waste time trying to flower with fluorescents.
    Unless you want airy non dense weed. 150 watts is bare minimum for 1 plant.