Need help with my grow room temps

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by Stoner777, Oct 27, 2012.

1. Im running a 600w hps with a ez cool 6 hood. I am vented into my attic and pulling from my house, but the problem is i think my house is too warm int he winter to keep the temps down. i have to open the door and tunr the ceiling fan wide open to keep it around 80. i dont like the door cracked though. I am thnking about putting a peice of 4 inch pvc down thru my floor, with filter or screen on the end for bugs, but will this help. i cant keep cutting holes, and i dont want the house intake to cause a problem, cause in the summer i will need it, i run a ac unit in the same room as my closet. i have a 6 inch cyclone fan and also a 6 inch duct fan pushing air in. Please help me someone. gotta get this goin. i just went from cfls and dont wanna go back. i got 7 ouces outta one plant so i can only imahgine what i can do with this if i get the temps right.

2. I'm not clear on what you've got here, but if it's just in a closet (not a tent or a box) it shouldn't be too difficult. You should have a good fan blowing out at the top of your room, you say you're venting into your attic - this is where that fan should be. I wouldn't even worry about pushing air in, just get that hot air at the top sucking out and it will be replaced by cooler ambient air from the house. That combined with your cooltube should be all you need.

3. Where is your intake? I have kinda a similar setup. I pull from my house and vent underneath my trailer. Make sure your intake is low as possible cause hot air rises. Make sure you have a powerful fan. Don't bore a hole in your house yet also you keep it 80 in your house? Thats hot as hell bro, I keep it around 65. I just went from cfl's to and can't wait to see what my yield is gonna do. Just started the first plant with hps a couple days ago.

4. Also the guy above me is right, you should have the fan pulling out the top of the room...not pushing it air. I vent my grow box through my cool tube then out

5. My 6 inch cyclone fan is at the top of my closet sucking the hot air in and pushing it thru the hood and out the ceiling into the attic. Man i dont know how the heck i would do it any other way. i have a intake at the bottom of the wall with a fan pulling air into the room, the problem is my heater is a moniter kerosene heater and my house is open all the way thru, my heater comes on in the living room at 69 and runs too 74, that pretty warm air too, so i gotta figure out how to cool this room. My house isnt 80 but the air coming outta that moniter heats the hell outta that living room. . i can put my fan up in the attic sucking the air out but will that really make that bigga diffrence? Thank you guys for your answers, i can tell you are gonna be a big help . I do appreciate ya. again i have a 6 inch cyclone fan cabable of 400 cfm but i dont even have anything on the intake side of my fan i just couldnt figure it be that bigga diffrence mounting it above in the attic, i just dont know, thats alot of trouble to not work, but then again maybe i would have to cut anymore holes eather.

6. I have my nice cyclone inline sucking the air outta the top of the space and thru the hood to the attic, the other little duct fan is a cheap inline just to help push cool air in. im reall debating on a piece of four inch pvc thru the floor and bug proof it of course, then only use it in the winter, use the ac in the summer and cap the pvc off maybe, i just dont know.

7. Fans usually do better sucking than pushing, it sounds like your main fan is pushing, if you have to cut holes then why not, I pretty much decreased the value of my trailer 10 grand when I put in my little grow space lol