Need help with making hash from my dead males ;-)

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by rootsmanouvre, Apr 27, 2007.

1. I've read all the posts on here about making hash but i still have some questions which i can't find answers to!!

I am using all the clippings and 2 male plants who have been vegged for 4 weeks and flowered for 2. Will this be worth it?? I have a box about 10 cm by 5 deep and 5 high stuffed with leaves, stems and a few males buds.

If it will work which of the methods is best to make hash from the leaves. I can buy most of the stiff needed for all the ways of making it so i'm open to ideas!!

If anyone can help it would be much appreciated and i hope to put up pictures of the process and my final product!!

Cheers

roots

2. I believe the dry sieve is supposed to be the highest quality. you need some screen with holes of say 78 microns up to say around 178 microns, not sure on the exact numbers, just a matter of the different level of purity you value.
    you then simply, gently rub plant material on the screen and let the keif fall through and gather it to press into hash.

my favorite method so far and the cheapest is alcohol extraction. chop up your plant material and add enough isopropyl alcohol to soak plant material for about an hour or so, then strain liquid from plant material, put a fan on it and wait for all of the alcohol to evaporate, then scrape remains into a glorious, gooey ball of iso. hash.

you can combine these methods and apply alcohol extraction method to plant material that is left after dry sieve, and make the most of the plant material you have. peace

3. best method of found for making hash is to grind up the weed and put it in a long tube capped at both ends. Then run butane through it. Should be left with a golden colored liquid. The butane will quickly evaporate (make sure you have a fan blowing out!), should only take 10-15 minutes. You're left with hash :). If you don't ground the weed too fine and use a mesh with small holes, you're left with an amber colored goo that looks almost like honey but is WAY sticker. One hit knocks me off my ass.