Need help with lightning

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by trapaholic33, Nov 27, 2012.

1. I'm a noob grower and this is my very first grow, the plant on the right is 1ft and plant on left is about 8 inches. [​IMG][/IMG]
    These are the the lights im using, im using 2 desk lamps with cfl lights, and another desk light i found with i think led lights. i doubt this lighting situation will be able to work for much longer and i think i might have to upgrade my lights but im not sure what kind of lights i should be looking for.
    Im using 2 of these:
    [​IMG]
    and one of this:
    [​IMG]
    Also some of the bottom leaves are starting to turn a light yellow color, and some of the yellower leaves are getting brownish spots on them. Im keeping the lights on 24/7 and im watering them twice a day with about a quarter of a water bottle.

2. #2 Blazin4Bucks, Nov 27, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 27, 2012
    i'd check out 2 sunblaster 200w grow lights (1 2700k, 1 6400k), but you also need some reflective material. and you know how unsanitary it's going to be have a towel underneath your pot?

3. #3 trapaholic33, Nov 27, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 27, 2012
    yea i just recently changed my setup i was using a dish before i didnt think about that, im going to go back to using a dish.

also do you know of anything a little cheaper than the sunblaster 200w lights, i dont want to spend more than $100 on lights preferably

4. Im a beginner growe and i have a question about light. I currently have 4 cfl lights with 1000lm each and 85 W each. Is that enough for my 2 plants? The plants have been 7 days in soil and the first leaves haven't grown much. Should i change something?? Pls help. I really need this to work!!

Sent from my LG-H840 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

5. It's your lucky day. The HLG qb120 boards are back in stock for $29. Get a power supply for around $20 that will run 2.5mA @24v and hook it up. They're 60 watts each but put out almost the light of most cheap 300w panels.
    If you can only get one just do it.
    QB120 Quantum Board

Here's a complete fixture with power supply and hanger they sell.
    HLG 65

This is the one I built for $65 with shipping. It is probably comparable to 150-200 watts of cfl.
    IMG_0681.JPG

6. Do they have any pre built? Sorry I haven't researched to much into the HLG site yet just thought I'd ask you real quick. I think one will veg 2 plants pretty well won't it? My 260 is vegging very good with 2 plants dimmed all the way down. Had some bleaching with it turned up.

Edit - wow sorry I just noticed the second link in your post. That one is all put together right?

7. You have to put hangers on it and plug the power supply in but other then that yes. Of course you can order that power supply for $25 and buy some fishing leaders and carbines like I did. It would save you a little over the kit. This is the power supply the HLG 65 comes with. It uses the dc jack connector but you could easily cut it off and stick the wires in the molex. That may be better.
    https://www.arrow.com/en/products/o...=arrow_findchips_2017&utm_content=inv_listing