Need help with lighting

Discussion in 'Grow Room Design/Setup' started by abnormldood, Dec 30, 2008.

1. #1 abnormldood, Dec 30, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 30, 2008
    Hi, this is my 1st grow. I just ordered 10 White Widow seeds from Greenhouse and 10 Purple Power seeds from Nirvana, and am now in the process of picking out fluoros for vegging my plants. I plan on knocking out all 20 plants and am going to flower them outdoors on a large plot of land near me(It's all farmland, I just don't want it tracked back to me just in case). I realize there is a search feature, as I've been using it for hours to find the answer to this question. If I were to germinate all 20 seeds and start vegging them, how big of a container/vegging station would I need and how many fluoros would I need? Would 4x4' 54w T5's do the trick? They are 6500k spectrum also. Any input would be appreciated. Basically I have to choose between 4 fixtures and money is getting a tad tight.. there's a 2x4' fixture, a 4x2' fixture, a 8x2' fixture and a 4x4' fixture. I figure it's up to what type of container I'm growing in, but I wanted to hear from someone who sounds like they know their stuff.

2. ya that lighting will work as long as you don't plan on vegging them to long. i think you would be ok until your plants get to about 10' tall then more light would be needed.

if money is tight try getting some cfl's there cheap and easy to install