Need help with lighting

Discussion in 'Micro Grows' started by Dankaru, Aug 5, 2012.

1. I was previously making a PC grow with 4x 6500k CFLs (23w) for vegging and 4x 2300k (23w). I was also using mylar (highly reflective material. I've been keeping it flat too).

I have upgraded to a large space. It is (24" x 16" x 32")lwh compared to (20" x 20" x 10")lwh. This is also covered in flat mylar! I will also be using 6in (maybe bigger) exhaust/ intake duct fans for ventilation.

My question is, what should i use for lighting? Will these CFL's (obvious a few more id suspect) be sufficient?

Random Question: How many plants would be reccomended? LST/ ScrOG v. normal growing?

Thank You!

2. If the box is just under 3 feet high you definitely wouldn't want to just grow it normally, def. use LST or Scrog. LST is fun. I'd go with 4x43w as well, unless you don't want to spend the cash to replace the 23s, but get a bit more wattage in there for sure, I had good results in a slightly larger box with a bit over 200w total during flowing, about 4x43w at the top and 2 more 23 watts in the middle of the plant.
    Good luck! and post pics!