Need help with lighting for One Plant

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by Klowny10, Dec 31, 2012.

1. #1 Klowny10, Dec 31, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 31, 2012
    So im planning to use 2 23 watt (100 equivalent) 5000k for one plant is that enough for it or how far can those cfls get me?

2. [quote name='"Klowny10"']So im using 2 23 watt (100 equivalent) 5000k for one plant is that enough for it or how far can those cfls get me?[/quote]

You want at the very least 100 watts for one plant then another 50 watts for each additional plant.
    Also, soft white is a better investment than the 5000k because its far superior during flower.
    Also, go by actual wattage not the euivalent rating.

3. You will need more light in two weeks if you are growing from clone.

4. What it be a diffirence if im growing from seed?

5. [quote name='"Klowny10"']What it be a diffirence if im growing from seed?[/quote]

Thats plenty of light to germinate a seed. If you try to grow with that little of light you will notice that your plant is stretching within a couple weeks.

6. What if i use 4 23 watt bulbs for plant? Would that be enough? And then what will i need for flowering?

7. [quote name='"Klowny10"']What if i use 4 23 watt bulbs for plant? Would that be enough? And then what will i need for flowering?[/quote]

Thats enough, but i would use more like 6 of em with reflectors and keeps close to the plant.
    Buy 150 watt hps for flower $60 on amazon or get more cfls. T5 HO floros are good too.
    Do you have a timer?

8. Check out my grow.

9. Get a hps

10. Ill use 4 23 watts for now then ill get another and yes im using a Digital Timer is it ok if i set 12/12 from seed to keep the plant short? Then when im like about 3 weeks into it buy better cfls? Like what cfls would be best for flowering?

11. [quote name='"Klowny10"']Ill use 4 23 watts for now then ill get another and yes im using a Digital Timer is it ok if i set 12/12 from seed to keep the plant short? Then when im like about 3 weeks into it buy better cfls? Like what cfls would be best for flowering?[/quote]

Tie them down or also known as LST low stress train. 12/12 from seed with cfls wont be worth it. Maybe if you had more cfls...check out my grow for cfl ideas. Try using the power strip method.

12. [quote name='"TinTizzy"']Get a hps[/quote]

For sure. Im using LEDs and CFLs and my HPS is in the mail. :)

13. So if i lst them and 12/12 around how much yield will i get since said it wont be worth it that means ill still get some Yield right?

14. [quote name='"Klowny10"']So if i lst them and 12/12 around how much yield will i get since said it wont be worth it that means ill still get some Yield right?[/quote]

No way to know you could mess up and feed too much and stunt their growth. Veg for 2 weeks before switching to 12/12. Bigger plant means bigger buds and since u dont have much light SOG isnt going to work.

15. If u 12/12 from seed u will yield a dub sack. Lol.

With 90 watts CFLs that is...

16. So if i veg for about two weeks then flower would that be better? And when i flower how many more watts will i need or do i still use 100 watts but with 2700k

17. From everything I've read about CFL's, its 100w per plant. 6500k for Veg, 2700k for Flowering.

Im using 4x6500k and 2x2700k for Veg and then will switch to 6x2700k for Flower.

18. CFL's minimum 5000 lumens per sq ft.
    4 26 watt bulbs are just over 100 4 and provide just over 5000 lumens
    as your plant grows you will add lights close but not touching,
    up and down and on all sides of your plant. You may end up w/400 watts altogether as she grows, to get enough light to her but you can grow some fine bud w/patience and perseverance.

19. How many watts should the 2700k be for flowering? How many watts are needed for flowering with the 2700k

20. at least 100 for one plant, but more is almost always better.