need help with LED lights

Discussion in 'Grow Room Design/Setup' started by RockinIlladelph, May 22, 2010.

1. How many LED light setups should i buy to grow around 8 plants. Theres no heat that comes off the lights correct? i know there expensive, but it might be my only choice, the place i am growing them is getting alot hotter then i had expected. it almost got over 100F today but i opened the vents better and set up 2 fans to move the air and blow it out the vent. unless anyone can think of a better choice of lighting besides LED's please by all means say so, but i think im gonna end up going with LED, and also i was wondering if anyone has a few companys to choose from, any feedback on anyone whos using or has used LED lights.

2. LEDs do produce some heat, not much, but they do get warm, don't Assume they produce no heat at all ;)

Theres lots of different compananys products that have been tested to death in these forums, if you use the search function you'll have more than enough data to make a decision.