Need help with homemade bong asap

Discussion in 'DIY and Homemade' started by triplecde, Mar 19, 2012.

1. Hi i made this homemade bong, i just need to know if i can use it the way it is or do i need to add anything to it? I will smoke out of it tonight and its the first time im smoking out of a bong, any tips appreciated, no smart jokes guys please, just want some good tips and if its ok to smoke out of it how it is, i took a couple of pics of it, not good quality sorry.

Attached Files:

2. Also another thing i need to know is when i put the weed in the bowl, wont it fall through the pen? Also does the ash go into the water in the bottle?

3. I think the pen plastic is too close to where you'd be burning your bud. That seems like a great way to inhale the plastic (not good for you).

4. If you pack tightly in big chunks it shouldnt fall through.

You're piece looks simple but effective.

But like dawill1967 said, that pen is pretty close to your ignition source. Just be careful and don't let the socket get too hot and melt the pen its attached to. :p

5. When im lighting it il be sure not to set the flame too close to the pen, apart from this im ok then, thanks for your reply, i was getting ready for a lot of negative comments lol, its my first bong hope it goes well.

6. that aint even how you do it.
    1. get a new bottle and use a drill bit make it a little smaller than the pen.
    2. shove the pen in and hotglue it in there so no air.
    3. drill the carb hole in the top.
    i use a 8mm socket and just put it over the end, its pretty tight, then electrical tape (dont burn easy) so no air.
    4. lid of a soda can (dont use the painted parts) cut it in a square and use a 1/16 drill bit and drill a couple of holes, then your bud wont fall through.

i use it all the time, never melted the plastic. also i suck in light the lighter, and it lights the bud, i dont even hold the lighter there for a second so it doesnt get the socket hot, and my theory is its not harming me cause its not making the socket hot then its not making the plastic hot so its not burning any plastic into my lungs.

7. [quote name='"triplecde"']Also another thing i need to know is when i put the weed in the bowl, wont it fall through the pen? Also does the ash go into the water in the bottle?[/quote]

you can put a little rock in the bowl to act as a screen, and that will prevent ash going into the water or even just sucking weed through the hole.

8. a rock, seriosly? like from on the floor outside.

9. No prob. I know its your first so I'm not going to be an ass and start bashing you and correcting you. lol everyone's gotta start somewhere. At least its not a tinfoil bowl or popcan or something.

If ya want some ideas on homemades and safe materials to smoke through, check out my homemade thread in my sig if ya got some time :smoke:

Hot glue definitely helps with sealing stuff as well, and if ya have it, give it a try! :D

10. Even if you don't light it directly, the bud burns too. If the plastic melts, you inhale it, simple. Be careful!

11. I checked it out, I cant make a bong nowhere as good as that lol good job though, you wont need to buy a bong.

12. Buy a screen there 5/ $1 weed wont fall thru

13. lol thanks!

I would always prefer glass over homemades, but when it comes down to money and wanting to make something, you can never stifle creativity! Hope your piece smokes well! :hello:

14. thanks ive ordered a pack, bit late here in the uk so going to have to get a little rock.

15. I found that if you have old in-ear head phones laying around, most of them have screens in them, for example the apple head phones are great for this. well just figure a way to pop it out with out ruining it to much, and you have a very very effective screen:)

16. #17 insanedank, Mar 20, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 20, 2012
    be careful my friend, I think burning plastic may be radioactive, im not positive though. I would make a filter bowl out of tinfoil for the meantime(poke holes into to make it look like a piece of cheese), if you take up smoking weed as a hobby, you might consider getting an entry-level bong off GC. If not, don't show that to the ladies or vice versa if your a girl, they'll think its for something else lol

17. buzzkill

18. #19 insanedank, Mar 20, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 20, 2012
    well would you rather not know? I've smoked at least 25 bowls out of a similar homemade like yours before I got a bong. I would have hoped someone would have informed me that Bic plastic wasn't the best choice for a bowl/downstem.

and for your information, inhaling burning plastic can cause a gang of breathing problems if you do it all the time.

19. I smoked from the bong last night however it was very harsh when inhaling, is there anything i can do to make it cooler? Cheers buddy