Need help with grow set up

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by Extacie, Sep 8, 2013.

1. Alright so I live in a relatively small condo in a legal state (approx. 681 sq. ft.) I just had a few basic questions about  getting started.  First off, i'm allowed to grow 6 plants with 3 vegging & 3 flowering at one time.  I'm trying to debate weather I should do that or just have 6 vegging at once.  It would be nice to do it that way b/c then I can use one room for the whole thing possibly?  The condo is sort of set up like a trailer, with there being a living room/kitchen as you walk in that is (13' Wide x 13' Tall x 9' Tall) then a hall way the leads up to a middle guest bedroom(7.5' Wide x 9.5' Long x 10' Tall) which I planned on using as my grow room or at least for the vegetative state, then the hallway leads down to the bathroom, the the master bedroom which I sleep in. (10' Wide x 11' Long x 9' Tall)
    \nMy main question revolves around lighting/pot size.  Since I want to do it all legally, or very close to, I want to get the biggest possible yield out of each plant.  To do so from what I have read/understand I need: Bigger pots & bigger lights.  I'm going to start out with clones & was wondering what lighting to use/how big of containers.  I was thinking 5-8 Gallon containers with 400-600W MH for vegging (wasn't sure what would be best) & was originally thinking 600W HPS for flowering, but after researching more I was thinking that maybe a 1000W HPS would be ideal to get the biggest yield possible off the fewest plants? P.S. I will be growing with soil, probably starting out with fox farm for my first go-round.
    \nI know i'm just starting out so I am not expecting a huge harvest by all means, even though that would be ideal, just doing it for the experience to learn & work my way up to where i'm getting the big yields that I want.  I also need to do A LOT more research & I am aware of that, but these are specific questions that I was having a hard time finding the exact answer to.
    \n\nThanks in advance, any info is MUCH appreciated!!