Need help with grow room design

Discussion in 'Grow Room Design/Setup' started by FlowRider, Mar 23, 2009.

1. This is my first grow. I have had many successful mushroom grows in the past, but havn't tried marijuana yet.

I have decided to spend a few thousand to do it right the first time. when growing mushrooms, i ended up spending a lot of money i didn't need to spend when i first started growing. So I really want to get everything I am going to need, without buying things that are useless in the future.

A friend of mine uses a tent and I really like it. this is the tent I want to buy: http://www.discount-hydro.com/produc...d=588&navid=32

I am dead set on using 1000 hps lights. I have seen my friend use a 400hps and then I have seen 1000 hps. The 1000 hps did a lot better. Another friend also told me not to waste money on anything less than 1000 hps.

So would 2 1000 hps lights work in this tent? its a 5x10.

My main concern here is space. I have heard that with a 1000hps, you have to keep the plant 4 feet away from the light correct? well this grow tent is only about 7 feet high. so that only leaves 3 feet of plant growth. is this okay? I want to use the ebb and flow hydro system. I dont think the table design would work in that tent with a 1000hps because there would be no room? maybe with the buckets there would be room, but i would have to buy the multiflow bucket system instead of building my own table ebb and flow design.

So what should I do with this tent? I really want 1000hps but I guess 600 would be okay if I cant work out this height issue.

2. Hey

You should calculate roughly 600w will do 1m2 very nicely - work it out from there - I am too high too:)

I would worry a lot more about your ventilation, and general air flow within the tent - they get very hot.
    Use a decent extractor and if it gets hot I would grab another similar but small to bring air in.

good luck

3. If you did a scrog, and used an air cooled hood, then you could get away with a 1000w imo

4. I would agree for sure - keep the light a good distance away and have the scrog as low as possible - but based on that possibly have two or three clip on fans as well as the extracttor to keep air moving around below the screen and obviously at least one above the screen keeping airation around the tops.

I am just getting mine together today - I will try to get a picture up for you prior to ading any greeen matter:)