Need Help With Grow Cabinet

Discussion in 'Grow Room Design/Setup' started by Reso429, Jul 23, 2014.

1. I want to start growing inside of my unused dresser. What would I need to do/get for the dresser to start growing?

Measurements: 80x48x78cm
    (Jysk Laura 3)

Btw I'll be removing the 2 horizontal strips.

Attached Files:

2. #2 growdrobe, Jul 23, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 23, 2014
    First you need to calculate your cab size to measurements of feet.

80cm x 48cm x 78cm ...or 31.5" x 19" x 31" ...or 2.6' x 1.6' x 2.6'

Then find the cubic feet by...

2.6 x 1.6 x 2.6 = 10.8

Your dresser-cab has 10.8 cubic feet.

You don't want to replace your air in your cab any longer than once every 5 minutes. That's the general accepted rule of thumb so your plants can breath.

10.8 / 5 = 2.16

You will need at least a 2.16CFM fan to replace the air once every 5 minutes in your cab.

EDIT -

**Now, this doesn't take into account the inefficiencies of the length of ducting (static pressure increases with each foot of ducting), bends in the ducting (also, static pressure increases for every 90-degree bend. It actually decreases your overall CFM by about 50% for each 90-degree bend), carbon filters (decreases by about and additional 30%) , intake filters, mufflers (decreases by about an additional 10%), etc... Also, something to think about, if you plan on turning the fan down with a speed controller for noise abatement, there goes even more CFM.

This also doesn't take into account for heat removal from the growing lamps.

You are going to want to remove the dresser drawer fronts from each drawer and mount them somehow on the front so it looks like it's a dresser. Best bet is to remove those cross beams screwed into the dresser and mock-up a false front that's easily removable. That way it looks like a dresser, but it's easy to get inside.

3. Look up micro grows you'll learn a lot from reading other peoples grows. I'm assuming you will be using cfls a hid light will cause too much heat I believe. Good luck