Need help with first plants

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by reverendmaynard, May 14, 2010.

1. So on a whim, I threw a bunch of seeds into some other potted plants that I have hanging out on the back porch. Lo and Behold right before my very eyes some little baby weedlette sprouts are popping up. Right now they're only about a half inch high, and I don't want to leave them out there long enough for someone to recognize what they are. Frankly I have no idea where to go from here.

Should I bring them in after a while and fix up a grow light? I need some advice at this point, I want a few of these babies to mature!

2. if they're easily seen and you don't want people to see it then yes bring them in and veg em out. with that said i don't know how you'd take it out of the other plants with out damaging something

3. At this point I dont give a shit about the other plants. Id really like a couple of these sprouts to get big, ya know?

So like how often should I be watering them right now, are they good if they only get like 3/4 a day's sunlight? when I bring them in, what sort of lamp should I go with and would I need anything else special? should the pots i plant them in be big or small?

4. you want to water when the soil is dry and you want to water to run off. overwatering is a big problem. the type of light depends on what you want to do really. you can get cfls, t5 fluorescents or an hid setup(mh/cmh/hps are your choices here) check out the stickies here and you'll have a better idea of all those questions ;)