Need Help With First Organic Grow

Discussion in 'Growing Organic Marijuana' started by Daleoo2, Sep 4, 2020.

1. My first grow in 40 years. I'm using organic no-till, three QB288 Boards with a 480 driver which are hanging at 30 inches from the top. The temperature/humidity in the tent stay at around 78degrees / 48 % hum. I'm into early flowering, after 40 days I gave it a tea feed because the lower leaves started turning yellow with brown spot. That did not help much as leaves continue to turn yellow. Last week the stem turn red, so I been giving it Cal/Mag with watering since, this is how they look as of today. What should I do? Run off water ph is 6.9 and ppm are 1300.

867591AC-A20C-4E15-8CFE-3A3AD83F8A47.jpeg 055690B9-3577-49C5-9855-753A9E61D357.jpeg

2. i think it would be better if you had a bigger pot to grow it in. usually 10 gallons is suggested as a minimum but 15 gallons really is a good size.

not saying to transplant it either but for next time.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. Whats in your mix?

• Like Like x 1
  4. I agree, These are auto flower and though I could get away with 3 gallons. Already have 5 and 10 gallons for next grow. This grow is a learning curve grow, but still like to save it.

• Like Like x 2
  5. Using MOFO Receipt.
    1:1:1: CSPM (Canadian Sphagnum Peat Moss) : Pumice/Lava rock : Compost - Malibus B/U is an excellent choice if it is available in your area.

Amended per cuF with:

1/2 - 1 cup Neem or Karanja
    1/2 - 1 cup Kelp
    1/2 - 1 cup Crab/Crustacean meal
    1 cup MBP (Malted Barley Powder)

1/2 cup Gypsum (nice sulphur source)
    4-6 cups Basalt
    6-8 cups Biochar

• Like Like x 1
  6. wish we could throw that recipe out.

you need lime. crab meal doesn't react like lime does even though it has a high amount of calcium carbonate 45%, its not the same as 93-97% like calcium carbonate lime.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2

7. I'm in an organic mix as well in 3 gallons. It can be done. Not ideal obviously. I believe if you flower with a very short veg you can get away with it. I did see deficiencies earlier than I would have liked (week 6ish) but I was able to limp to the finish line.

I believe my deficiencies came from going to light on the amendments. (First time running organics)

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. Should I spread some lime before my next watering?

9. I’m not a water expert, but 1300 ppm caught my attention. Do you have a water report to look at. If it’s municiple tap, there is probably a report online? I would figure out the water, before I added lime.
    Cheers
    Os
    Edit-Never mind, I miss read that. It’s your run off that’s 1300 ppm.

• Like Like x 1
  10. I had a similar problem last grow, and someone recommended I scratch a little into the top 1-2 inches of soil (a little was around 1tbsp for me). I don't recall that it magically solved my problems - I was in a smaller container than was ideal, like you, and still had to feed it regularly with teas.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Yeah it's the run off, I'm using RO/DI water

12. You think it's a deficiency issue rather than an over Nutes?

13. The symptoms make it look like a deficiency rather than over-nutriented. Your ph looks good, but as others have noted the size of your container is pretty small. If you're growing organic, remember it's the soil life that feeds the plant; you are feeding the soil life. My suspicion is your pot is too small, so you'll need to feed your soil life more.

But, I'm no expert - it would be nice to know if any of the other more experienced folks would agree/disagree!

• Like Like x 1
  14. I've done a couple no tills in 5gal. You may run a few more teas than normal, but I wouldn't say you have to use big ass drums to grow organic. I say it looks like deficiency of N. People think you don't need it once flower starts but its still needed throughout just not in as high doses. Hook your girl up with some ewc tea and she'll be aight.

• Like Like x 2
  15. I thought of too much Nutes because of the way the tips of the leaves are brown and curl up but that may be heat stress. I dimmed the lights a bit today. I'm growing in a 2x4 tent.

16. If it were too much nitrogen, the leaves would curl downward looking like an raptor claw. If it were nute burn from anything else, it would more than likely show from top to bottom rather from bottom to top. If the plant was bushy(er) I would say its fading from poor light penetration.

• Like Like x 2
  17. All the leaves tips are browns and curled up 90 degrees. Happen all at once. I thin out the fan leaves when I started training some of the lower branches.

18. Yeah 90 is definitely too hot.

19. This morning some of the leaves have turn reddish

ATTACH=full]2841975[/ATTACH]

Attached Files:

20. Lol...just realized you meant 90 degree angle