Need help with first grow tent setup!

Discussion in 'Plant Training' started by Anonymous710, Nov 4, 2020.

1. Ok so this is my first grow tent dwc attempt... I am on a budget and trying to work with what I can afford. I'm growing in 3.5 gallon bubble boy buckets. I have two buckets and two air pumps, and one plant. My problem is with training, and changing the water... I'm currently performing lst with bonsai wire tho later I know I'm going to need to setup a trellis. My problem is when I change water. So I use the empty bucket and extra air pump to prepare the water for changing, once the water is prepared I lift the plant from the previous bucket and place it in the newly prepared water. Now once the trellis is installed will I be able to maintain this switching of the plant from bucket to bucket?

Attached Files:

2. Single bucket Dwc will always have that problem. Once they stretch up through the trellis it makes it very difficult to switch out the nutes Running a separate reservoir into the bucket via pipe works to switch nutes without disturbing roots. Look into flood and drain (ebb and flow). I run undercurrent system dwc. I also started with single bucket. Honestly easiest to maintain was the simple flood and drain

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

3. No.

Not without altering your setup anyway.

this is why i switched to PromixHP/fabric bags.

4. Yea once you put your trellis up you’re kinda screwed. Unless you put a drain in your bubble bucket, or a water pump with a hose coming out of your bucket, plug the pump in, pump your nutes out and then refill.
    If you’re getting that involved you’d be better with a reservoir that you can just change your water out of