Need Help With Fan

Discussion in 'Grow Room Design/Setup' started by Tru Ganjaman, Aug 13, 2008.

1. Okay so I'm about to set up a growbox and will need 2-4 fans for efficient air circulation. I would really prefer to have the fans able to plug into a regular household outlet. I am planning on buying fans such as this one and am wondering how you guys hook up your fans? If there is no way to hook them up to an ac outlet, is there any other way to power it without a computer?

Thanks in advance,

Tru Gangjaman

2. I would bypass those fans completly as they will not remove hardly any heat for you pc fans are just not up to the job.
    [​IMG] Something like this is what you will need there

3. To power the little cpu fans you need to buy yourself a ac to 12v adapter. they plug into a basic wall plug... be sure to find an adapter with voltage selection, that way you can control the speed of the fan better. To hook up the fans just cut and strip the ends of the adapter and the ends of the fans... be sure to hook up + to + and - to -. (duh) then cover your wires with tape or whatever and you're done.

right now i have 4 fans running off of 1 adapter, no problems at all. good luck....