need help with fan ventilation for a 4x4 closet space.

Discussion in 'Grow Room Design/Setup' started by crazycracker780, Nov 5, 2009.

1. most grow rooms i have looked at have holes cut in the roof for ventilation but i am located in a bottom floor of an apartment and i cannot cut any holes. im not exactly sure what types of fans would be necessary to keep the temperature at a 70-85 degrees and also allow full ventilation for the plant. i also have a 1000 watt dual mh and hps light. what should i get?

2. You will need an aircooled hood with a 8" inline fan sucking the air out of the closet. I have a small setup 3x5 I use a 400w light with a 6" fan and aircooled hood. What works best for me is an air condtioner I connect 6" ducting from the AC to my grow tent. Also i think your lights too much for your space, you need a 400 or 600 max and ideally you want the temp between 70-75 it's not easy but you'll get the best results!

3. alright thanks, i have an aircooled hood and were thinking about ordering 2 roating fans. and we may fuck it and cut a hole in the wall for the carbon filter. and its actually bout a 6x6 i measured it the other day. do u think we can keep it cool enough even with the strong light? i also read to keep the light about 6 or 7 feet above the plants is that rite?