Need help with equipment for grow tent

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by OliverJ16, Nov 28, 2017.

1. I have never grown cannabis before but I am wanting to start sometime in January I have been doing a ton of research and I feel I have a pretty good grasp but I just need some reassurance that my choices of equipment are the right equipment.

What I have so far is:
    80x80x160 tent
    Viparspectra 300w LED
    24hr plug timer
    Ratchet Suspension
    Can Rk fan and rhino filter (both 4inch)
    Digital thermometer
    Clip on fan.

Granted this is just what the tent needs I already know about soil, pots, nutes, etc. Only thing Im I'm sure of is if I need a intake fan and if everything I have stated above is correct. I would really like appreciate any advice.

2. Not necessary. As long as you're pulling air out, it'll find a way back into your tent

• Like Like x 1
  3. What medium do you plan on using? How many plants? That light only pulls 136w - it will only be good for one plant. Good luck with your first grow. :thumbsup:

• Like Like x 1
  4. No need for intake.
    I personally use it, but that's just my preference .

5. Some stats over and above "4"" for you exhaust fan may help. I have a 6" Hurricane that pulls 435 CFM. Originally I had a cheap inline fan on my intake, but noticed that even when it was off the fan was spinning like it was on high when my exhaust was on high...so I eventually just got rid of it and have gone passive.

6. I'm going to be using soil, canna terra pro mix which has perlite in it, and I was planning on doing two plants sure it won't be enough?

7. Not with that light, no.
    It will work, but you won't be too happy with the yeild /outcome
    You want 35w per sq ft minimum. Optimal is between 40 and 50w per sq ft.

8. Because it's my first grow I might just do one then and upgrade or get a second light next year.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Do you think a 450w would suffice? I know that's not the true wattage but what do you think for 2 plants.

10. Nextlight Mini. Last light you'll ever need. Suitable for both phases

11. thats worth more than my entire setup looking at spending max £400.

12. You get what you pay for. Light is the most important factor. Nextlight mega added 25%to my yield over hps.

13. Yeah I get that but I'm on a budget and it's my first grow so.... Ye

14. In that space you will need a minimum of 250 actual watts and you would be better off growing one plant and either doing a scrog or lst, or both to maximize the light.

15. You could grab a quantum board. I would pair those up with the nextlight quality wise. A lot cheaper though . I think you can grow 2 plants with that light but there's gonna be a severe light drop off on both of them. I would say stick with one. Or get something that's actually 300w

16. I guess I'll just stick with one plant then.

17. I agree with the quantum boards, cheap and effective.

the quantum leap: indoor multi strain perpetual organic journal
    Indoor organic

18. A mars 450 or 600 will get you decent results with 2 plants man. Or vipar if you like that light but a 300 is to small for 2.

19. I say mars because it's more of a full spectrum. Vipars are good for veg due to all the blues, I've seen people flower with them also but Im sure you'll get much better results with a full spectrum light. Another light that will get you through a whole grow is meizhi, also a full spectrum light.

20. Go in Facebook marketplace and look for led grow lights. Some really good ones around my area for cheap. Might help with cost? I budget grow too

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum