1. Win a $250 shopping spree at Grasscity.com! To enter subscribe to our youtube channel.
    Dismiss Notice

Need help with diy grow tent

Discussion in 'Indoor Marijuana Growing' started by indicasloth, Feb 19, 2015.

1. 2 primary questions:
    1. Am I silly in thinking I need this much access room to the plants? Should I make it smaller?
    2. How does one attach Foylon to 1/2" pvc pipe? I am thinking adhesive velcro and overlapping flaps at the edges.

The Grow tent will be about 5'x5'x6′ made from 1/2" pvc, with a 400 watt lamp (which covers 3'x3′). 4 plants, each in a 5 gallon bucket on top of a milk crate. By putting the buckets on milk crates, I should be able to drain back to the reservoir with gravity. There is a carbon filter in the top corner and an air intake in the bottom corner. The brown rectangle will be the controller home, with built in relay controlled outlets, sensor hook-ups and relay hook-ups.

The grow tent will be anchored to a sheet of pressure treated plywood, to help insulate it from the basement floor and give me a more level working surface. I also plan on anchoring the roof piece to the basement ceiling (which is bare beams).

The siding material will be Foylon.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. 1. No
    2. Whatever way works with whatever you have access to. I'd keep it Simple.

3. Thanks!

4. I used wood in my room. However, were I to use pvc, I'd opt for at least 1".
    Especially any load bearing sections. I'd hate to find my lights on top of my plants.
    Maybe I'm paranoid.

5. that seems pretty reasonable, not much a price increase for peace of mind.

6. Just finished framing up my own tent n indeed 1 inch is better where it concerns holding up the weight of your lights n I used panda film with duct tape to attach it to the frame...worked out fine

7. Thanks for the link, cheaper then the Foylon.

Grasscity Deals Near You