Need Help With Closet Design (pics included)

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by Yelsgnik, Dec 10, 2010.

1. Hello guys! I am new to the city and I need some help designing a grow box in my closet. I am an absolute beginner that has very little money for startup.

Below are pics of my closet:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Preferably I want to utilize the walls of my closet and just create a top or "roof", and a door. I was just thinking about getting some wood from local hardware store and fabricating it myself.

The dimensions of my space is 8ft in height, 30 inches in length, and 23 inches in width. I probably wont make use of the 8ft closet height.

I have been browsing Youtube and I am thinking about using this desgin for my lights, since its seems pretty cost effective.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rs_QRorECvo]YouTube - How To Build a CFL Grow Light Fixture - CHEAP![/ame]

I will probably make three of these units, using 6*42 watt cfl.

MY MAIN QUESTIONS AND CONCERNS:

-Since my closet is painted white do I still have to cover with mylar? Also, with the mylar that I have to buy for my "roof" and door, where can I get it for cheap?

-How much can I yield from this small space? or How many plants can I grow?

-How can i create the roof and door using the walls and base I have in place?

-Ventilation???? I am so confused with this aspect of my grow set up. I understand that I need to have intake holes and an exhaust fan. What I am not getting is, what kind of fan do I need to have for this space? And what are possible air circulation ideas for a box in this space?

-Would my lighting set up be efficient and effective?

-What size pots should I use?

Any input would be greatly appreciated.