Need help with clones.

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by gman 88, Feb 5, 2007.

1. I was recently given 3 clones. They are doing great and just transplanted to 2 gal black pots with Mircle grow potting soil then read you shouldn't use MG. I have 2 400 watt MH, but only one on at this time. Grow area is a corner of the basement, cleaned sprayed with water & bleach a week before adding white beadboard around 4x 6 area. Think I'm on the right track but the no MG has me freaking out.:eek:

2. It depends what specific kind you bought. It's true that many of the MG soil types will kill off your plant because of the slow-release/time-released nutrients. But I have been using this specific type:

[​IMG]

I haven't had problems with it yet, and I'm into flowering now. Just check the bag to see if it says it has time-released crap in it. If it does, you need to change soils now.

3. Thanks for the help, it says feeds for 3 months so I'm assuming it's not what I want. It's only been in it since Sunday. The plants are about 8" high, should I have both 400w MH lights on already?

4. I wouldn't say it is necessary, no. They will grow faster with both on, but if you want to conserve power and such, you will be fine with 1 for now.

5. Yea, feeds for 3 months isnt a good sign, if i were you id transplant, but you never know.

6. If it was me, i would buy some new, bigger pots. And some organic soil.

I would be re-potting them all into the new soil as soon as possible, the miracle grow will give the illusion of helping the plants for a while, then boom they will just die......