Need help with CFL type. Daylight, Soft white, or both combined?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by modern-hippy, Dec 29, 2015.

1. I need help deciding what kind of bulb to buy for the flowering stage. I have an OG kush plant that is 15" tall and want to induce flowering soon. Right now I am using Daylight color CFL for vegging. Should I switch them all out to Soft white bulbs for Flowering? or should I mix them half and half? 01.jpg

2. I am still new but I went with a 2 to 1 ratio myself

3. If you don't mind me asking how close are your lights? I thought cfl's could be 4” away for best results?

4. go with a soft white for flower daylight veg can prob get lights closer see how close you have to get for your hand to feel hot. if hand gets to hot after 15 seconds to hot

5. I mixed in one 6500k for every seven 2700k when I grew using a cfl setup. I did that because I ran out of 2700k bulbs and was too lazy to go get extra lights. Got a pretty good result though, pulled an ounce of decent smoke off a runt I couldn't bring myself to pull.

6. Dude you need to bring those lights wayy down or move your pot wayy up, those lights are miles away. The ones in the corners arent doing anything at all, you should bring them all the way down on either side of your plant. Optimal distance for CFL's is like 2-3 inches, you're probably wasting 70% of your lumens with your lights like that. The bottom half of your plant is getting none D;

For flowering you probably wanna change all those to 2700k's (including the corner ones which will hopefully be hanging either side of the plant), then if you have any more fittings add a few of the 6500s as extra, seeing as theyre there haha. You want as much light as possible. But seriously you need to bring those lights down a lot closer asap.