need help with cfl lighting and electrical work ???

Discussion in 'Grow Room Design/Setup' started by jocasmoka, May 1, 2016.

1. You could drill holes but I'd do one hole with a tube running to under your floor boards with a vent cover over it .

And yes it will be mh/hps switchable

If life gives you lemons
    You make lemonade

2. this is my current setup i blew 1 more 40 watt cfl :S fml ... anyways keep in mind this is just till i get the hps and i plan to open the whole cabinet for more room and properly seal the cabinet from light and hopefuly sound proof it the fan is bigger the pc cooler fun its 220 volts it's used here for cooling of industrial machines and such...

3. bro i dont understand what do you mean under my floor boards ? im on the lowest level on the house there is nothing under me except foundation... and wont that tube just take up more of my small space ? can you perhaps give me a design or something ? or maybe just another simple solution .. because this is getting out of proportion i just wanted to grow 1 plant at first and do i micro grow /stealth box.... and now is getting out of hand...also i can take a picture of the fan if you like to see it ? i put my joint to the fan and it sucked the smoke like crazy so i figure it must work....i could maybe even get 1 more and put it on the other side of the cabinet for extraction if it helps ? or buy a basic vent for bathroom the one that they sell in department stores.. ?

4. So you need a transformer to run that fan? Also you can edit you post with your country in it

If life gives you lemons
    You make lemonade

• Like Like x 1
  5. Any chance of a pic of this fan and the sticker with the ratings /logo

If life gives you lemons
    You make lemonade

6. lol why would i want to do that tag my country... and what is this transformer thing its just a fan with cable that plugs in regular socket/plug

7. [​IMG][​IMG]
    here is the fan which i plant to use for extraction if 1 will cut it .. btw you cannot adjust the fan speed its just one speed high

Sent from my A50LT using Grasscity Forum mobile app

8. and for the paranoid part and keeping a secret where i from ... there could be a narc right now reading my posts as i can know... you can never be too safe my friend ...its a small world :)

9. Not tag . Edit your post so it no longer says the country.

Just looks like a pc fan to me give me a minute to look it up

If life gives you lemons
    You make lemonade

• Like Like x 1
  10. lol its not a pc fan man btw good thinking on the editing i didnt think of that :D too stoned i guess... they must be spraying this shwag with some heavy shi... :D anyways just google search fan for cooling machines... its used here for example you make some kind of machine that needs cooling let's say some kind of old/machine...just google axial fan for cooling machines or something it will pop out 230V 50Hz Axial Cooling Fan For Electric Welding Machine 120 * 120 * 38mm i found a link similar to the one i have... it says to 115 cfm or something at least is twice as strong as the pc fans that were available to me here and also cheaper... but also noisier. ..

11. I don't know how that will perform against what you've got I'd get a bathroom extractor fan , they can be found for £20 and upwards

If life gives you lemons
    You make lemonade

12. i found them they are called MUFFIN FANS

13. Didn't see your getting out of Hand post , give me a couple minutes ill show you

If life gives you lemons
    You make lemonade

14. anyways my friend that lives in the uk is comming in couple of weeks do you know where can i send him to buy small oscilating fans for my closet ? cause i cant find them here anywhere ? the smalles ones the size of a cd maybe even smaller ? thanks

15. Home bargains , ikea , b&q , asda , tesco , wilkinsons or a grow shop .

[​IMG]

Your gonna need a fan with one of them cfm mtr3/h ratings .

Fans can be made to run more quietly by making a sound dampening box with insulating materials

If life gives you lemons
    You make lemonade

• Like Like x 1
  16. wow thanks mate you've been nothing but helpfull thanks for ur patience.... ok bro so now im thinking since i already have 2 holes to put my existing fan at the top part of the cabbinet where my hole is for out take and another small pc fan maybe in the lower hole for intake... also make a hole at the bottom where u drew on the sketch... for intake and maybe just make a hole in the bottom with a cage like vent for passive intake... and put bathroom extractor fan at the spot u drew on the sketch on the very top part of the cabinet so basicaly i will have double exhaust system ? and also put the oscilating fan in there ? and if needed one more oscilating fan later ? will that be enough to keep the heat down from 400 watt hps ? consider i dont have air conditioning in my room and at summer is getting pretty hot here but i can run a regular fan in the room to move air and have open window all the time to create draft ?

17. Use what you need to use . But yes you have the right idea , you can only cool a room to the temperature your pulling in so pulling more air through the room would be a good thing to keep temperature as low as you can .

Also can you rearrange your room so your grow room is closer to the window

If life gives you lemons
    You make lemonade

• Like Like x 1
  18. #119 Duke nukem', May 5, 2016
    Last edited: May 6, 2016
    Also forgot to mention if your adding a carbon filter you want to add 20% of the airflow rating to the number to compensate for the added pressure needed to move the air

So 115cfm
    Or 144 m3/hr

If life gives you lemons
    You make lemonade

• Like Like x 1