need help with cfl lighting and electrical work ???

Discussion in 'Grow Room Design/Setup' started by jocasmoka, May 1, 2016.

1. omg i just checked on my closet another one of the 40 watt cfl stopped working :S what could it be ? im so mad right now... this is like the 10th one... could be the actualy bulbs ? maybe or something with the shipment ?

2. For some reason my name brand bulbs go quicker than my cheap ones. I've had them go out for no apparent reason so it may be the batch

• Like Like x 1
  4. Your going to want to move to hps sooner or later pal , cfls produce fluffy small buds where with hps you get dense fat buds ,

Hps lamp & ballast can be found at nurseries or green house type fruit and veg farms or on abandoned buildings or a diy store (b&q /lowes or whatever your country has ). your "professional vents " replaced with a bathroom extractor fan .

Show us how your lights are wired together (where the wires are connected together)so we can see if that's the problem ,

Also

Where did you get your seeds from ? Because if it's bag seed it is likely the same as the weed you got it from.

Also the laws in your country can't be that harsh you can't get anything delivered to your house .

What is the penalty for your scale of growing?

If your local shop won't provide you with the service you require take your custom elsewhere , or if your paranoid of people knowing you travel to the next town, your 25 I'm sure you can catch a bus if you don't have your own transport

If life gives you lemons
    You make lemonade

• Like Like x 1
  5. #65 jocasmoka, May 4, 2016
    Last edited: May 29, 2016
    sa

6. Here is the pictures of my setup they are low quality i know my phone sucks.... [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Sent from my A50LT using Grasscity Forum mobile app

7. #67 jocasmoka, May 4, 2016
    Last edited: May 4, 2016
    i also found one place where i asked they told me they sell hps... used for stadiums... they have 400 watt and 250 but the thing is the dude working in the shop told me the ballast what you call there here is called different is 250-400 watt ? and that is the same ballast for both wattages ? is that even exists ? and basicaly he said is 400 flood light used for stadium and that can use both mh and hps i suppouse if metal halogen is same as metal halide... and basicaly if i want to get the smaller wattage setup he told me that my bulb will die faster ?

8. also when i opened the cabinet to take the photo i found small flying/jumping insects like fly/mosquito i really didnt had a good loook.. should i be worried ? what should i do ?!?! im growin in humus/soil mix which i mixed my self with some gravel which i rinsed ofcourse...and i dont get what do nurseries have with hps ? ? ? bro the system doesnt work here like in your country... hope it did there is no dyi shops here nothing like that just basic house hold shops ...and the seeds i got from herbieseeds which were ordered but delivered to me personaly by a friend... they are afghani regular... og kush... lemon kush and nacho's bud :) and if i get caught depending on what stage i may be looking from just probation if they belive its for personaly use and some small kind of penalty or maybe couple of months... to worst case scenario which is very possible 5 + years

9. Sounds a good ballast. Being able to use 250-400watts is basically the same thing as dimming a 400w, the ballast just limits the current to the bulb to produce the correct amount of watts

3 strain 1000w 4x4 legal grow

My first legal Oregonian grow 1000w 4x4 scrog

• Like Like x 1
  10. Nurseries are large garden centers were they cultivate there own stocks of mainly fruiting plants vegetables and flowers
    Not a nursery that three year old go to.

Yes stadium lighting is exactly what you want , I doubt it's a variable ballast unless it's clearly visible that there's a switching mechanism , so going off what you said either visit and match bulb and ballast or get him to do it for you.

And I can get that you live in a small place , so do I , I am still able to source all of my stuff locally , even if I didn't use want to use a hydroponics shop , cannabis is still illegal in the UK but can still have lights fans and seeds sent to my door without worry of the law .

"Celebrity " status or not , what's it got to do with them you could be growing tomatoes and strawberries for all they know. you wanting a specific type of light does not provide evidence worthy of a search warrant or even a suspicion of cultivation since your asking for a flood/stadium light

Your black thing flying around is probably a fungus gnat caused through over watering

And I meant where your wires actually meet up , have you used a connection box or have you just tied them together , electrical connections must be safely done ,and just tieing wires together can not only blow your bulbs but set your house on fire aswell

If life gives you lemons
    You make lemonade

• Like Like x 1
  11. That's fuck all pal I believe the max penalty to be between 9-14 years here in the UK

If life gives you lemons
    You make lemonade

12. #72 jocasmoka, May 4, 2016
    he said it was magnetic one... if that helps ? and he also said that i can run both mh and hps wich i highly doubt cause it costs like 70-80 euros 90 bucks the bulb is not included....he said he had only 5 stadium floods left... like that one

13. #73 jocasmoka, May 4, 2016
    i dont know what is connection box man a friend of mine wired the whole thing he said he knows how.... its just high duty cable with a plug connected to my powerstrip and cables connected with wires and covered with electrical tape... if you're talking about those small cap plastic things... that are uses to connect wires we dont have them here they just use electrical tape here for everything lol :D and the store that sells those stadium floods dont even sell the bulbs so i basicaly have to buy the bulb from the shop that directed me to call the shop that sells the flood lights... is so messed up :S the thing is they keep getting stuck on the part why do i even need hps part ??? like basicaly they're saying is old tech and outdated and they dont stock it or sell and the rare ones that do like the one i found that said it can run both 400 and 250 sounded kinda dodgy ... i dont want to spend money i dont have on stuff that might not even work ... so do you want me to send you pictures of the used flood ones to see if they are worth checking out ? cause the new one costs a lot and i have to travel to the capitol city and get it and also source the bulbs on my own it's just too much hassle... and extra expenses... its like they want to sell me anything except hps and i dont have solid answer to why i need the hps specificaly .... like for example i just cant tell im growing tomatoes lol that shit wont fly bro trust me ... they all know i smoke weed... and no one is gonna belive im in too gardening cause i deffinetly dont look like the type :) even just the rummors about me searching for light equipment and growing stuff.. will raise suspicion man i cant explain to you here ... maybe i could add you on viber or skype or something ?!?!

14. and btw i said 5+ that's for like just 1-2 plants if were talking large scale grow your talking 20 + lol i know guys that got in jail for 2 years for just possesion of 30 grams

15. and like i said man delivering from amazon or ebay is not an option ... they just dont ship to my country lol ... only the chinese site aliexpress... my country is not listed for shipping is that simple guys... why cant you get that ? so either i have to get it here or go personaly to another country and buy it and bring it here... or have some buddy buy it for me from another country and bring it here.... i hope you understand me and thanks for all the replies

16. No, that makes sense. Magnetic balast are old technology, they make electronic switching ones now days (has to do with the components inside). Magnetic ones are definitely cheaper, i got mine for ~$70 used.

Many newer balasts are MH or HPS Switchable

3 strain 1000w 4x4 legal grow

My first legal Oregonian grow 1000w 4x4 scrog

• Like Like x 1
  17. Go and have a look at the flood lights , take a Philips #2screwdriver and open the back box , inside you'll see the ballast with the rated wattage write on . Then get the bulb that matches it .

I'm not having that you can't have stuff to your country , especially when you've had herbies head shop send you seeds

I'll guarantee i can find a light that's sent to your country

And your laws can't be much different than ours because you are part of the European union , one ounce of herbal cannabis is regarded as intent to supply , that being said if I bought 3 £10 bags because they had no 1/8th's and got searched that would be intent to supply also ,

I have no use for any other social networking sites than grass city .

So what's the big secret ? Your in no danger here look how many members have been here since back in 2002 and still growing happy.

As iv said before I'm not a big cfl fan so any real help on that side would come from the micro grow section

If life gives you lemons
    You make lemonade

18. Also iv given you reasons why you would want that type of light

If life gives you lemons
    You make lemonade

• Like Like x 1
  19. bro pls anwer me this... i finaly found how to get hps... i can get basicaly street lights or flood lights for stadium/outside... i also found a place that sells hps/and mh switchable and the place is legit i found how they are called here... basicaly the translation sodium(natrium) bulbs... so my question is this issue i have with light bulbs blowing will it continue if i get hps ? i cant be blowing thru hps bulbs cause they cost a small fortune here..also the ballast ignitor thing how does it work ? does it prevent the bulb from blowing doesnt it disconnect when high/low current comes or ? for example since my house is very old im thinking my wiring or something could be the problem and i wanna be sure thats not the case before spending all my money on hps ? is there a way to make sure ? also if everything will work out what kind of hps should i get ? the street one /stadium one ? or maybe just regular reflector for outside(floodlight) ? which will work best for my case... thanks mate

20. lol man you got me wrong again my country is on the european continent but not neceserily part of europian union...the seeds like i said i ordered them online to uk adress and then my friend brought them here and handed them to me personally .... and yes they dont ship to my country lol idk why is that so hard to belive i said it couple of times already only place that ships is aliexpress... the chinese site.... anyways i found hps man just pls read the reply i typed to stiladelph so i wont have to type it again and tell me what to do man... i definetely want to do it propper... since risking anyways i might as well get caught with some killer bud then shwag lol jk :D pls reply back man