need help with cfl lighting and electrical work ???

Discussion in 'Grow Room Design/Setup' started by jocasmoka, May 1, 2016.

1. the y splitters are hard to source in the UK also buddy . You'll probably be better making a fixture and just double the amount of holders , the pic I posted of the light fitting didn't use y splitters .

And I believe stilladelph
    Offered his knowledge on wiring a fixture up for you

Yes I mean watts per plant pal , although I'm not a cfl grower I believe this is the agreed minimum for cfls

Thanks for the props on the room pal gotta say it runs pretty nicely and keeps me smoking

If life gives you lemons
    You make lemonade

• Like Like x 1
  2. Can i ask where you're from? Many countries you're describing have much harsher punishments for cultivation than the united states does

3 strain 1000w 4x4 legal grow

My first legal Oregonian grow 1000w 4x4 scrog

• Like Like x 2
  3. yes man you can ask but i can't answer you for the same reasons if i get caught im looking at a long stretch so yeah f*** me right... but then again if i do everything as safe as i can there is no reason for me to get caught... even if i did get it's for my own personal use its just 3 plants and im not intending to sell ...

4. All European country's should have labelling on the side for safe use guidance . Should look a lot like this but in your language

[​IMG]

If life gives you lemons
    You make lemonade

• Like Like x 1
  5. bro i just need to make this happen later down the road when i save up some cash i can buy additional lights or led or something even led strips but for know i have to do with what i got my seedlings allready started stretching and they are just 2 days old... so i have to do this light stuff asap... which i am in process of doing i just dont know if is it safe to put let's say 6 or more sockets to a single wire/cable/plug ?

6. As long as it's done properly yes that's what the pic I posted a few pages back was ,

But I'm color blind so ill leave it to stilladelph to explain that to you

If life gives you lemons
    You make lemonade

7. Or even get a couple of flood lights like this [​IMG]

You'd be able to grow much more efficiently with them use mine for start of veg just to save money by running 100w instead of 600w this is a hps / mh lamp ballast bolted to the back

No need to be so paranoid about where you live if they were watching gc they'd already be at your door

If life gives you lemons
    You make lemonade

• Like Like x 1
  8. yo bro i've seen those aroung but the thing is here the names are not the same so its hard to find some thing you dont know what its called... for example what you called metal hailde... here is called metal halogen... and its all confusing because you have also just hallogens... and i cant find the hps one except a street light ones even if i did there is no way i can know if it can run both bulbs... cause like i said you cant even pronounce the names here ...except if im looking for specific kind of brand... i hope you understanded me .... i can only find used metal (halogen) are called here for cheap but i cant know for sure about the ballast ...

9. and also i dont haver propper explanation why i need those specific kind of lights/ because they are like out dated... and the shop sellers start offering me led floods... or some other crap and i cant say i dont need that i need that one cause the led ones run cheaper and give more lights...and i cant just say i need them for growing cause if i do i might as well just turn my self in

10. but i found one shop on the internet wich sells all the parts like ignitor and ballast needed to run them seperate but no way i can connect all that stuff :D i barely even did this cfl franken looking hood/fixture :D

11. You need them for a job your doing , the customer wants like for like replacements of the existing lights .

You want them to replace your led floodlights as you keep getting migraines through the intensity of your leds

The shop owner doesn't need to know the purpose of your purchase , they are there to provide you with a service

If you can get the top of a streetlamp there perfect for growing as they are 600w hps (UK ones are anyway)

Remember not everyone knows how and what to use for growing , things are only as suspicious as you make them to be , be calm and speak like you know what your on about . Use proper (insert language) no slang , work clothes on , then your just another customer

If life gives you lemons
    You make lemonade

• Like Like x 1
  12. Bro here is what im working with it has to cut it for now since im way over budget....[​IMG]. [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Sent from my A50LT using Grasscity Forum mobile app

13. I will replace the bulbs in the center fot bigger 40 watt bulbs like the ones from the side and im in process of making hood/reflector fot my maing big bulb [​IMG][​IMG]

14. Anyways are those signs of stretching? Cause i think it is ?? Is that too bad or?

15. btw there is no way in hell im gonna go in the shop and say im doing it for a job and replacing them... that wont fly at all man :D like i said its a very small city and everyone is in everyones bussines here... they all know me personaly lol :D is that small...

16. No stretching your lights want to be 2-4" away from your light though also van you show me how you've wired them lamps together .

If life gives you lemons
    You make lemonade

17. Hey man i just found a thin piece of plywood bend it and connect it with wires so it wont bend i drilled holes for the sockets which i conected parallel ...just simple man and its running quite nice still no bulb blowing... So thats good ...

18. And i didnt understood you well are you saying that my plants are not streched? Cause they kinda look like they are

19. You're under utilizing google my friend.

"What is high pressure sodium called in X country"

Why is because lumens! Plants have no idea what Watts and metal halide is, all they know is lumens.

The sun puts out 10,000 lumens/ft^2. A typical 1000w hps puts out ~12,000/ft^2. A typical 42w CFL bulb puts out only about 2500/ft^2.

It's like when humans need food. To survive, the only thing that matters is calories. Color, taste, cost, those are all insignificant but nice to have once you have your basics.

Now to compare the two, growing weed with CFL bulbs is like trying to survive off pringles and celery. You might not die but it's definitely not the best option. Growing with HPS is like surviving on T-bone steaks cooked perfectly.

3 strain 1000w 4x4 legal grow

My first legal Oregonian grow 1000w 4x4 scrog

20. Sure . its not like im trying to get a cannabis cup award for my first grow... Conpared to the shwag im smoking now i bet it will be better 20 times... And also if i get hps then i will need to get a professional vent which i dont havr money for or option to do it my goal is stealth... Plus my space is too small for hps... Except if i get maybe 100-150 watts... Btw i know hps are superior ... I will do my first grow cfl.. Maybe later when its time to flower i will get a small hps or led im thinking even going with led strips will see if ill get there....thanks for the info though