need help with cfl lighting and electrical work ???

Discussion in 'Grow Room Design/Setup' started by jocasmoka, May 1, 2016.

1. As iv said I don't ph so don't take my answer for granted , I assume your runoff will be of a more acidic with it having washed out salt build up . Not certain on that but that's my thoughts , I'd worry more about what's going in than what's coming out . If unsure flush your medium and 1/4 strength nutes on your last jug of water.

I'm sure if you Google runoff ph you'd get an answer within a few clicks ,

Tape won't give you a good seal , filler for holes in Walls or good thick PVA glue(wood glue) would suffice but I'd paint over it to make sure to rid of any gaps , any little holes will pull the filler back out when a 4" fans pulling air through it

cheap silicone and mastic gun will cost between £3-7 depending where you buy it .

Also Google home made ph

I believe it's bicarbonate of soda or lemon for acid and wood ash for alkali , but again ph isn't my strong point

• Like Like x 1
  2. what do you think about the canopy ? how much veg ? do you think longer? it's beggining to fill out a lot and im running out of width... and i know they should double or triple in size ... any suggestions ?
    also how much do you think i will average yield with the 400 hps ? considering everything goes smooth...

3. yooo bro ? my flood is ariving tomorrow or the day after i need help for the wiring what do i need to buy to connect it ? just a regular plug for wall socket and a cable ?

• Like Like x 1
  4. Yes just a regular plug - a wire with higher load rating is recommended

Your canopy is filling out nicely but your going to want to utilise the foot (30cm) of penetrative light to grow more bud on a plant . The pics a few posts back are grown under 2 X 600w hps and 2 X 400w hps flood in a 6' X 9' area 2.5 - 4 ounce per plant , plants around 2" tall , between 8-16 colas on each plant and each cola weighed around a quarter (7 gram)

A dialed in room plus good skills you can grow 1gram+ per watt my personal best is 16 ounce off a 600w in a 4' X 4' area

• Like Like x 1
  5. hey bro whats up havent heard from you ... did you read my new post ? my flood arrived i wired it and the bulb is not working properly .... its glowing faint purplish... and a bit yellow on the side and flicking ... idk whats the problem man i think the bulb maybe got damaged when transported...
    [​IMG]

6. Looks weird you sure it's all wired up properly ? And grass city app keeps messing up , hate using the Internet version as I can't find anything .
    Yeh looking good but like I said to u want to mintain a level canopy as well as the depth to hold your bud to maximise your potential yield , possibly removing a plant or two to create enough room . ( new growers tend to find this very hard but can be left in veg under a few cfls or cut up into clones so you can jump straight back to flower after harvest. Or thrown outside to grow some outdoor weeds)

• Like Like x 1
  7. yeah man i hate the phone app too cant find a single post....well yes man its just 2 wires i dont have ground ... and also i called my friend to have a look he knows electricity... he rewired it .. and did the same thing basicaly....yo bro are you saying about the vertical hight of the canopy ? ... cause if ur talking about that im expecting the plants go taller during the stretch .... that's why im mad about the hps... i wanted to put them under for a week before i swtich to 12-12 to give them a stretch a bit and also ease them in to transition so i wont stress them out going from barely 200 watt cfl to 400 hps....and the 4th smallest plant it's regular seed and i expecting it to be male so i can discard it ... i will send you another picture to see the progress if you want i did some training to the other plant as well and some super cropping on the smallest one...
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]